Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How do I seed a DVD with bt??  (Read 2729 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
How do I seed a DVD with bt??
« on: July 04, 2005, 03:48:37 PM »
I have no idea how this works. Ive got a really nice nick drake dvd i want to get out there.

suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Audio is easy, dvd im clueless on.
Ray

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: How do I seed a DVD with bt??
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 04:12:05 PM »
dont you do it the same way you do FLAC/SHN?

Raphael

Ray76

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 04:12:52 PM »

Raphael

hell i dont know. i dont know how to extract, what to extract with, etc. the make torrent part is easy, but the other stuff i dont know...

Ray

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 04:17:20 PM »

Raphael

hell i dont know. i dont know how to extract, what to extract with, etc. the make torrent part is easy, but the other stuff i dont know...

Ray

ohh i see :P i thought you wanted to know how to make the torrent

my bad ;)

Raphael

Ray76

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 04:20:44 PM »

Raphael

Ray

ohh i see :P i thought you wanted to know how to make the torrent

my bad ;)

Raphael

its all good little buddy.
+T
Ray

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 07:43:33 PM »
I would just seed the AUDIO_TS folder (if there's anything in it) and the VIDEO_TS folder. Maybe you could zip them together, or put them in a folder with the name of the DVD and seed the whole thing.

I haven't downloaded a movie in quite a while, so I don't remember what people have been doing.

MIKE B
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Ray76

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 07:46:34 PM »
I would just seed the AUDIO_TS folder (if there's anything in it) and the VIDEO_TS folder. Maybe you could zip them together, or put them in a folder with the name of the DVD and seed the whole thing.

I haven't downloaded a movie in quite a while, so I don't remember what people have been doing.

MIKE B

Thanks so much bud.+T in 12
itll be in the kickdowns section. it is a nick drake dvd, btw.

Ray

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 10:34:55 AM »
Correct almost-

The seed only needs to be the VIDEO_TS folder. It contains Audio and Video. The AUDIO_TS folder is empty. It woudln't hurt to include it, but is not neccessary. You can just make an empty AUDIO_TS file after the download, before burning. Then a text file is nice, with source. No converting is necessary except making a torrent. A DVD is MPEG-2 which is already compressed. A DVD cover is always a plus, if you have time.
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline chase

• Taperssection Member
    • Etree List
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 06:03:16 PM »
it might be easier to make an .iso of the disc, compress it into .zip or .rar and seed just the one file.  it will also be somewhat smaller because of the compression.  you can use burnatonce to easily make an .iso file of any disc.

http://www.burnatonce.com/index.htm?news

Offline Morphius

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 05:03:40 PM »
For all future references, this is the proper way to rip and seed a DVD as stated by numerous trading groups.

1. Make a whole file md5 of the DVD from the DVD (I use md5summer).

2(Optional). Rip the DVD in "File Mode" using DVD Decrypter (can be found here http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm )

2. According to some the files can be copied from directly from the DVD to the harddrive using windows explorer or the like.  I have not actually tried this, I prefer the extra security of DVD Decrypter's log file... but as long as the md5 matches, it doesn't matter what you do.

3. Run the md5 of the ripped files.  If it verifies, then you have made a perfect rip of the DVD.

4. Include the lineage or anything else you wish to add to the seed, but make sure it is outside of the VIDEO_TS folder.

5. Make the torrent and seed!  People can burn the DVD by simply dragging all the files in your VIDEO_TS folder into the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD in their favorite burning program.

Hope that helps, if it is an audio DVD you wish the seed, there are a few other steps you must follow, including using software that is no longer available.  However, a few of us were quick enough to grab it before it was taken down, and we can help you out if you wish to seed (legal) DVD-Audio.

Ray76

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 05:37:27 PM »
For all future references, this is the proper way to rip and seed a DVD as stated by numerous trading groups.

1. Make a whole file md5 of the DVD from the DVD (I use md5summer).

2(Optional). Rip the DVD in "File Mode" using DVD Decrypter (can be found here http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm )

2. According to some the files can be copied from directly from the DVD to the harddrive using windows explorer or the like.  I have not actually tried this, I prefer the extra security of DVD Decrypter's log file... but as long as the md5 matches, it doesn't matter what you do.

3. Run the md5 of the ripped files.  If it verifies, then you have made a perfect rip of the DVD.

4. Include the lineage or anything else you wish to add to the seed, but make sure it is outside of the VIDEO_TS folder.

5. Make the torrent and seed!  People can burn the DVD by simply dragging all the files in your VIDEO_TS folder into the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD in their favorite burning program.

Hope that helps, if it is an audio DVD you wish the seed, there are a few other steps you must follow, including using software that is no longer available.  However, a few of us were quick enough to grab it before it was taken down, and we can help you out if you wish to seed (legal) DVD-Audio.

right on man+t ray

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com