Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Canon SX710-HS, is it classed as a personal camera and is it good?  (Read 2917 times)

Offline clover182

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Amateur taper, looking for information.Site listed
    • clover182bootlegs
The question is basically the title.

I am seeing blink-182 at the Utilita Arena in Birmingham, and was curious weather I would be able to bring in the camera (Canon SX710HS) to the venue. On the site, it says that "Professional Type Cameras" are on the no-no list and that it should not be assumed you can at ALL bring in a Camera of any form to the concert. It would be my presumption that the SX710HS is classed as a personally camera as it does not have changeable lens capability.

Has this ever happened to anyone. Will the Camera be allowed do you think?

Thanks!

Offline bhoy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Canon SX710-HS, is it classed as a personal camera and is it good?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 01:52:23 PM »
I use a Panasonic ZS100, which is very similar.  For many, many years, this camera could go in without problems.  They'd look at it, say "point n shoot" and in it would go.  Your Canon should fall in the same category.

That said, this summer, I've seen rules that say, "point n shoot with a zoom less then 1inch."  At some venues, they make me power up the camera, and since the zoom sticks out longer than 1 in, I can't bring it in.  Other venues, they aren't so picky.  It all seems ridiculous as everyone walks into the show with an iPhone that can shoot very well. 

Can anyone else that uses a point n shoot post about their recent experience?

Offline clover182

• Taperssection Newbie
    • clover182bootlegs
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 08:57:55 AM »
Thanks for the response!

Both cameras do look very similar. I haven't heard of the "less than 1 inch" rule. I'm hoping luck is on my side on this one and the venue isn't picky. Yea that's true. I reckon some of the highest ended phones (more likely to be iPhone) record at the same level of professional cameras.

Yea, hearing other people's experiences would be interesting!

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 11:02:07 AM »
I use a Panasonic ZS100, which is very similar.  For many, many years, this camera could go in without problems.  They'd look at it, say "point n shoot" and in it would go.  Your Canon should fall in the same category.

That said, this summer, I've seen rules that say, "point n shoot with a zoom less then 1inch."  At some venues, they make me power up the camera, and since the zoom sticks out longer than 1 in, I can't bring it in.  Other venues, they aren't so picky.  It all seems ridiculous as everyone walks into the show with an iPhone that can shoot very well. 

Can anyone else that uses a point n shoot post about their recent experience?

I also use the ZS100 and have shot a few hundred shows with it.  I have never had an issue with the lens sticking out past 1 inch; although I have also read that rule in the "not allowed items" section of a few venue FAQs.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline clover182

• Taperssection Newbie
    • clover182bootlegs
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 12:43:48 PM »
Ok, so night of the concert!

At security was a very nice man who asked about the camera, he said he wasn't sure if I could bring it, but he allowed me. I got some GREAT shots with it, however, for video, it kept saying low battery when filming Blink, so didn't get much. I shouldn't of filmed as much for "The story so far" haha.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.095 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com