Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Which stud/thread adapter do I need?  (Read 2186 times)

Offline HBK216

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Which stud/thread adapter do I need?
« on: February 04, 2006, 10:44:25 AM »
I purchased some Superlux HM-32's & they arrievd yesterday (to my surprise as it was to come today). I opened up the package & immediately knew they wouldn't fit on my t-bar as the male thread on the t-bar is way too big, So I am uploading a picture of the two threads side by side. If someone could tell me which exact adapter to get, I'd greatly appreciate it. I would have gotten it yesterday as I had a show but my package had to be picked up at the post office since they never rang my door or knocked. Hell they never even came upstairs or rang the intercom.  So the hours I waited cost me!

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Feel brand new about it
Re: Which stud/thread adapter do I need?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 10:48:41 AM »
I purchased some Superlux HM-32's & they arrievd yesterday (to my surprise as it was to come today). I opened up the package & immediately knew they wouldn't fit on my t-bar as the male thread on the t-bar is way too big, So I am uploading a picture of the two threads side by side. If someone could tell me which exact adapter to get, I'd greatly appreciate it. I would have gotten it yesterday as I had a show but my package had to be picked up at the post office since they never rang my door or knocked. Hell they never even came upstairs or rang the intercom.  So the hours I waited cost me!

5/8"(f)>3/8"(m) would be my guess....couldn't you also unscrew the brass piece out and then it'll fit??
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 11:04:44 AM »

5/8"(f)>3/8"(m) would be my guess....couldn't you also unscrew the brass piece out and then it'll fit??

Easiest and cheapest way is to unscrew the brass adapter. Unfortunately, the plastic threading inside tends to strip easily, so it might be better to buy the adapters anyway.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline HBK216

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 11:30:48 AM »
Thanks for the advice Audball,  it worked perfectly!  +T for you! ;D

I will pickup the adapters soon though. I atleast saved a trip for today.  ;)

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 11:32:18 AM »
Thanks for the advice Audball,  it worked perfectly!  +T for you! ;D

I will pickup the adapters soon though. I atleast saved a trip for today.  ;)

No problem!  glad it worked... 

like johnw said, those plastic threads can get you.
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com