Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

TASCAM DR-100mkIII NEW Unreleased Recorder

<< < (2/57) > >>

mepaca:
I took the picture posted on the website and adjusted it so the deck can be seen straight on. Of course when adjusted one way it distorts in another way
making the recorder look thicker than it really is. There are some cool looking features like mic pads. I would guess that the digi in is coax with an adaptor cable
like the previous models.

voltronic:

--- Quote from: mepaca on August 13, 2016, 07:49:44 PM ---I would guess that the digi in is coax with an adaptor cable like the previous models.

--- End quote ---

I wasn't aware they had that on prior versions.  I assumed it was for a Toslink cable like this.

Also, is the input gain adjustment still analog?  I would have expected them to go with digital gain controls like the 70D and other newer recorders, which would allow them to eliminate that knob and just go with the jog wheel.

It's nice to see dedicated switches for those other functions though.

dogmusic:
Here are some photos off Tascam Japan.

The hold function has the option of ALL or just LEVEL.

mepaca:
[

--- Quote ---I wasn't aware they had that on prior versions.  I assumed it was for a Toslink cable
--- End quote ---
like this.

Yes, this is the third version. The first two had s/pdif coax with an adaptor cable for a mini jack.

voltronic:
^ ^ Nice pics.  The selective hold switch is really cool.

I notice from the Tascam Japan pics that there's individual level adjustment, with 0.5 dB resolution (MONO indicated at top, L channel at 25.0 dB; R channel at 21.5).  The pictures from the Russian site show STEREO mode with both channels set to 7.0 dB.  Unless I'm missing something, that means this has digital gain control and switchable channel ganging.  If that's the case, then I wonder how the dedicated level knob on the right functions in MONO (non-ganged) mode, since it's one solid piece as opposed to two nested, separate L/R controls:

If channels are not ganged, would it raise or lower both channels together while retaining the previously-set relative level differences between them?  Or would it equalize the level of both channels and then move them together?  Or should I just wait until the manual is posted and read the damn answer for myself???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version