Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

headphone recommendations needed

<< < (5/5)

Scooter123:

--- Quote from: Gordon on July 07, 2021, 09:00:49 AM ---Lots of folks on the FB group recommended the Sony MDR 7506 so that's what I went with.

--- End quote ---

+1 

At my local equipment rental repair place, that does a ton of stuff for film and recording studios here in Los Angeles, they recommend the Sony as the industry standard. 

morst:

--- Quote from: Scooter123 on July 21, 2021, 09:51:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Gordon on July 07, 2021, 09:00:49 AM ---Lots of folks on the FB group recommended the Sony MDR 7506 so that's what I went with.

--- End quote ---
At my local equipment rental repair place, that does a ton of stuff for film and recording studios here in Los Angeles, they recommend the Sony as the industry standard.

--- End quote ---
Did anyone mention that the Sony cans can go really loud? That's a real advantage for pro work but I just checked last night and I like to listen around 70 dB peaks (a weighted, slow)

Twenty8:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on July 07, 2021, 10:35:59 AM ---I used Sony MDR-V6 (more or less identical predecessor to 7506) for years
The Mass-drop HD-6XX is what I'd look at

--- End quote ---
I have used a pair of MDR-V6s since I started a podcast several years ago and they were my first pair for listening to my recordings.

I bought a pair of the Drop HD-6XXs last September.  While I need an amp to really drive them, the clarity in comparison to the MDR-V6s is remarkable.  Granted they are in different leagues, but the 6XX is very nice.  Having the two of them to cross reference is great.  I still use the Sony's as my daily driver, but 6xxs are top notch sound for my budget.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version