Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack CF Q's [Im lost!]  (Read 6492 times)

Offline bewildered

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Microtrack CF Q's [Im lost!]
« on: September 28, 2006, 03:24:47 PM »
Ive been researching compact flash cards for a few days, and after scouring this site and the reviews ive come to kingston and sandisk. From what i could gather, the elite pro/Ultra versions of the cards are unnecessary for audio recording because the standard versions surpass the speed requirement. Is speed the only difference between the standard and pro versions of the cards? i checked the sandisk site and it lists its ultra version has having a low power consumption but doesnt mention this feature on its standard version. Is low power consumption a basic element of a CF card and not a feature of its manufacturer? Kingston also states that its card has a "sleeper mode" to save energy, would such a feature be used by the microtrack? Is there any reason sandisk cards cost more than kingston?

Apparently in addition to getting a CF card, i must also get a CF card reader to get the audio from the microtrack to my computer, though i thought thats what the USB cable is for. This is so very confusing.

Offline svenkid

• Needs to get out more...
  • Take Time to Listen!
Re: Microtrack CF Q's [Im lost!]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 03:36:14 PM »
I use the kingston 45x 4 gb cf card, and seems to have great reviews from other user here as well. As for transfreing, I just usb the mt to the computer, open up "my computer" click on the usb dudeis, it opens up and I see the 2 files Ive recorded. then "send" those files to "my documents"
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 05:42:07 PM »
Yeah, I don't use a card reader, just connect with usb. I have thought about getting one, though. That way during a festival like the Jamcruise, I could be transferring data  to my laptop, while I am taping with my other card.

Don't buy a Transcend 120x 4gb card. It reads "media full" the first time you push record, and works the 2nd time. Sometimes it makes it through the set, sometimes it doesn't. It seemed to work when I was using firmware 1.2.3, but doesn't like 1.4.3.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 06:07:11 PM by coloartist »
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 07:04:51 PM »
dont get the PQI 4g... I have a 2g PQI that works every time... But PQI 4g ,twice as fast = "media needs to be formatted"
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 09:32:47 PM »
the reviews i read said sandisk ultra and kingston elite pro were the ones to get???
at least in 8gb, because they are 10x qand 45x
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 12:35:38 PM »
dont get the PQI 4g... I have a 2g PQI that works every time... But PQI 4g ,twice as fast = "media needs to be formatted"

M-Audio tech says that they are working on this one. Should work in hopefully the next release (whenever that is).

J.T.

Offline JoeKiller

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 05:20:41 PM »
I use the kingston 45x 4 gb cf card, and seems to have great reviews from other user here as well. As for transfreing, I just usb the mt to the computer, open up "my computer" click on the usb dudeis, it opens up and I see the 2 files Ive recorded. then "send" those files to "my documents"

Seems to me that, at least with my Microtrack, that it is only USB 1.1 speeds, while a reader will get USB 2.0.  It makes a big difference when you want to transfer 5 gigs of files, over an hour vs. 4 minutes!
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 11:53:36 PM »

Seems to me that, at least with my Microtrack, that it is only USB 1.1 speeds, while a reader will get USB 2.0.  It makes a big difference when you want to transfer 5 gigs of files, over an hour vs. 4 minutes!
mine does usb2
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 02:09:19 AM »

I have no trouble with USB 2.0 speeds from my MT. I can transfer a show in a few minutes. Only being able to DL at USB 1.1 speeds might be worth looking into, maybe it is a PC>MT issue. My pc has USB 1.1 in the front, but I installed Firewire and USB 2.0 in the back slots, and of course that made a huge difference in my ability to download large files.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline bewildered

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 02:25:41 PM »
so no one has any clue what effect "sleeper mode" with the kingston pro cards has on a MT?

Offline rreidiii

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 04:43:24 PM »
pqi 2 gig says media needs to be formatted and after numerous attempts in my camera, pc and the mt is does not work in the mt. works fine in the Rebel XT tho.

Offline JoeKiller

• Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 10:30:44 AM »

I have no trouble with USB 2.0 speeds from my MT. I can transfer a show in a few minutes. Only being able to DL at USB 1.1 speeds might be worth looking into, maybe it is a PC>MT issue. My pc has USB 1.1 in the front, but I installed Firewire and USB 2.0 in the back slots, and of course that made a huge difference in my ability to download large files.

strange, I'll do some tests.  perhaps my MT is defective there...
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com