Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Settings of Church Audio Pre and MT24/96?  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Hman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Settings of Church Audio Pre and MT24/96?
« on: November 26, 2007, 07:12:01 AM »
Upcoming friday will be the first time for me going out to a loud rock-concert with a pre. I'm taping with DPA4061 mics & MicroTrack-I.
The pre I'm using is a CA-ST9100. I was wondering what would be a good 'starting' positions on both devices.

Personally I was thinking on setting the pre to +10dB (with the HPF off) and the recorders-levels pretty low.
Does anyone here have some experiences/suggestions with this combinations?

Thanks in advance

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Settings of Church Audio Pre and MT24/96?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 08:34:13 AM »
I always start at 11 O' Clock on my 9100 and adjust the gain from the pre as needed once the show has started.

No experience with the MT24/96, but I would set it at unity and get your gain from the pre.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 09:10:37 AM »
Only MT's dual 1/4" input works for this set in "L" and NO (menu) +27 dB boost.  Suggest start at minimum MT adjustment setting and work up if needing more deck gain.

MT deck input settings and their effects for the two inputs in review at: www.sonicstudios.com/mt2496rv.htm#inputs
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline Hman

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 09:50:29 AM »
Only MT's dual 1/4" input works for this set in "L" and NO (menu) +27 dB boost.  Suggest start at minimum MT adjustment setting and work up if needing more deck gain.

MT deck input settings and their effects for the two inputs in review at: www.sonicstudios.com/mt2496rv.htm#inputs

k, thanks for the advices.
Well, I must say that I'm not that experienced with this matter. I already understand you need to go in 1/4" with an outside pre-amp.
Concerning settings on the MT, I don't know nothing. If I understand right I have to set in "L" and NO (menu) +27 dB boost??
So far I've only taped shows going MIC IN (1/8") and set "L". Effects on different settings ("M" or "H"; +/- 27dB boost) are unkown to me.

The link is giving specific information which I don't understand (sorry, I'm a building engineer, not a sound-enigineer).
Maybe someone can tell me in more 'normal' words what this all means..

Thanks again!

Offline Hman

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 05:16:18 AM »

k, thanks for the advices.
Well, I must say that I'm not that experienced with this matter. I already understand you need to go in 1/4" with an outside pre-amp.
Concerning settings on the MT, I don't know nothing. If I understand right I have to set in "L" and NO (menu) +27 dB boost??
So far I've only taped shows going MIC IN (1/8") and set "L". Effects on different settings ("M" or "H"; +/- 27dB boost) are unkown to me.

The link is giving specific information which I don't understand (sorry, I'm a building engineer, not a sound-enigineer).
Maybe someone can tell me in more 'normal' words what this all means..

Thanks again!

Anyone got some info on this for me? I have to tape in about 2 days..

Roving Sign

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 10:26:08 AM »
I always start at 11 O' Clock on my 9100 and adjust the gain from the pre as needed once the show has started.

No experience with the MT24/96, but I would set it at unity and get your gain from the pre.

This is all you need to know...

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 10:59:03 PM »
Upcoming friday will be the first time for me going out to a loud rock-concert with a pre. I'm taping with DPA4061 mics & MicroTrack-I.
The pre I'm using is a CA-ST9100. I was wondering what would be a good 'starting' positions on both devices.

Personally I was thinking on setting the pre to +10dB (with the HPF off) and the recorders-levels pretty low.
Does anyone here have some experiences/suggestions with this combinations?

Thanks in advance

If your preamp has a three way toggle switch with -0 db +30 and +10 settings you have a 9000  preamp and not a 9100 in witch case you should run the preamp +10 with the output level on full hpf should be ON.

If you have a 9100 preamp you can run it at 3:00 with the HPF ON.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com