Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: which capsules use the Giant Squid Audio cardioid mics?  (Read 1656 times)

Offline lordbelial

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Barcelona got tapers!
which capsules use the Giant Squid Audio cardioid mics?
« on: August 10, 2006, 03:37:40 PM »
Just wondering,

I've heard an Opeth show at Slovenia taped by Gogsi (heavy metal tapers on dimeadozen should know him), and I was really impressed of the clarity of the sound of the giant squid audio lab microphones (cardioids I guess)

I thought they were panasonic caps, (guessing WM61 for the omnis), but, which capsule are they using? Someone knows? Panasonic? Primo?

Thanks!
Actual Gear:

stealth  - AT943 (c,o,sc,h) > ST-9100 > Edirol R09HR/I-River IHP-116(CFMod)
Ultrastealth  - DPA 4061 > ST-9100 > Edirol R09HR/I-River IHP-116(CFMod)
Open - BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Segue Dogstars > Marantz PMD671 busman t-mod

Playback: PC > M-Audio Fast Track Pro > KRK RP6 actives

My shows on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/tapemaniac
Member of  Busman Audio team

Offline uglybassplayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: which capsules use the Giant Squid Audio cardioid mics?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 10:41:13 PM »
The omnis are definately WM61As (I own a set), with the Linkwitz/Miller mod I presume.  Not sure about the cards though.  I'd imagine they're the same capsules used in the low cost "stealthy cards" by Core Sound (maybe the Panasonic unidirectional capsule?).

- Frank.

Offline SparkE!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: which capsules use the Giant Squid Audio cardioid mics?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 11:15:45 AM »
The omnis are definately WM61As (I own a set), with the Linkwitz/Miller mod I presume.

They are not modded.  At least the original design for the omnis did not use the Linkwitz/Miller mod.  A pair that I had ended up with cabling problems right near the mics and I had to replace the mic element on one side.  While I was at it, I chose matched capsules and replaced the capsules on both channels.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com