Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR2d - part 2  (Read 134315 times)

Offline fandelive

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Tascam DR2d - part 2
« Reply #360 on: November 17, 2017, 12:22:41 AM »
Thank you Gutbucket. Let's keep it safe and see what happens. Tonight's the night.
Mics : Sony ECM-717, MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod), SP-CMC-4 (at853), 2x DPA4060, 2x DPA4061
Battery box : SP-SPSB-6524 w/bass roll-off filter, MM-CBM-1
Preamp : Church Audio CA-9100
Recorders : Sony MZR-700PC, Edirol R-09HR, Tascam DR-2d

Offline PaulCayard

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #361 on: November 18, 2017, 02:20:18 PM »
The analog input stage ...
Thanks a lot for the explanation! I'll try to keep in mind it, expecially when I'll use battery box and mic in on my M10.
Mics: Nakamichi CM-300 JB mod (CP-1, CP-3), AT853 4.7k mod (SC/C/H), AT U853 4.7k mod (C/H), CA-14 (C)
Pre-amp/Power: CA-9200, CA-9100, CA-UBB, SP-SPSB-10
Recorder: Roland R-07, Sony M10, Tascam DR-2d (x2), Roland R-05

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #362 on: April 16, 2019, 12:09:57 PM »
If dual recording is on and it's set to LINE mode, and there's a line in but no mics plugged into the mic in, does it automatically record with the internal mics in addition to the line in?

Apologies if this has been asked before...I'm new to this thing.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #363 on: April 16, 2019, 01:14:38 PM »
Pretty sure the answer is yes.

DUAL LINE mode is how I typically use this recorder, yet I always have an external preamp running into both the mic and line inputs.  However, if I was to unplug the external mic input I'm pretty sure the recorder reverts to the internal mics.

Keep in mind that you can turn on/off PIP to the mic input in the menu.  I'm not certain, but I don't think that setting affects the internal mics.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #364 on: April 16, 2019, 02:16:45 PM »
Pretty sure the answer is yes.

DUAL LINE mode is how I typically use this recorder, yet I always have an external preamp running into both the mic and line inputs.  However, if I was to unplug the external mic input I'm pretty sure the recorder reverts to the internal mics.

Keep in mind that you can turn on/off PIP to the mic input in the menu.  I'm not certain, but I don't think that setting affects the internal mics.

Right on thanks for the info.
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline Elguapo511

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #365 on: October 01, 2019, 12:26:18 PM »
Got Any advice from experience for Recording Bo*b Dyl0n from the second row center of an arena?

Dr2d
Sound Professionals 12v battery box
CA C.A.F.S.

Gain LOW MID or HIGH?
Input Level?
Mic Power - On or Off

Plug into the Line?  or Mic?

I just tested this rig standing under a subway
Mid Gain at 67
and Low Gain at 99  both sounded the best without distortion.
plugged into MIC

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #366 on: October 02, 2019, 06:56:31 PM »
You'll need to go Mic-in to allow level adjustments to be made on the recorder.

Mic power off (although it is not likely to matter) when using an external battery box to power the mics.

Can't say if you'll need Low or Mid Mic-input gain setting.  Depends on the sensitivity of the mics and the SPL during the recording situation.  If set to Mid gain and you are still overly close to clipping or already there with the input trim at 67, switch to Low gain.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Elguapo511

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #367 on: October 03, 2019, 10:52:33 AM »
Thanks as always.

Offline sabre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #368 on: February 27, 2020, 09:18:21 AM »
I pulled out my DR2d the other day after a couple of years of not using it and noticed that the scroll wheel has become defective. It will often skip multiple steps in the menu. Only if I scroll the wheel really, really slowly will it work correctly.

Does anybody know whether this is an easy fix? Are parts available and is it something that somebody without technical skills could repair?

Thanks.

Offline jb63

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Taperssection Member
  • if not now when?
« Reply #369 on: February 27, 2020, 12:34:31 PM »
Try some deoxit spray!
once again, lost in all the noise

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #370 on: February 27, 2020, 04:44:28 PM »
Try some deoxit spray!
That is the real solution but it's also expensive and toxic.

Try exercising the control by running it through its range a couple hundred times - vigorously! There is probably some crud or patina on the metal contacts, and you may be able to scrub it off!
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #371 on: February 27, 2020, 05:13:44 PM »
Isopropyl alcohol works similarly to clean out gunk if wheel spinning alone is ineffective.  Choose a high %, which has less water in it.  Won't provide lasting lubrication or protection like Deoxit or an equivalent however.

Offline sabre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #372 on: February 28, 2020, 07:58:36 AM »
Thank you to jb63, morst and Gutbucket for your helpful replies! Much appreciated.

I tried the advice provided by morst and spun the scroll wheel around vigorously for a few minutes (while watching a YouTube video on Deoxit) and it did the trick! The spinning wheel is now working as intended.

Regarding the Deoxit and Isopropyl alcohol: would I need to disassemble the DR2d to spray the stuff or could I just apply it as is?

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #373 on: February 28, 2020, 09:31:09 AM »
after a couple of years of not using it
It missed you!!
 :coolguy:
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #374 on: February 28, 2020, 09:39:42 AM »
If simply working it a around a bit fixed it, you don't really need to do anything else and I'd probably leave it at that.  If it were more problematic and you needed to go further with a cleaner you can probably squirt some under the edge of the wheel such that it runs to the center hub then work it around, without resorting to disassembly.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com