Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How reliable is the microtracker?  (Read 15715 times)

cmoorevt

• Trade Count: (0)

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
Re: How reliable is the microtracker?
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2007, 02:50:18 PM »
Thanks.  +T  Certainly beats the $200 plus battery boxes.  How much time do you get using it, and are you using Alkalines or rechargeable NiMh batteries?
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007, 04:15:59 PM »
Sometimes this happens.....

When using external power via the USB, anyone experience error messages on the MT straight after booting up with a Kingston 4GB 45X CF card? Sometimes I get a no-media found message...sometimes media needs to be formated message, other times media full message.

I think these error messages only occur when booting up the MT with external power via the USB. It doesn't occur when I boot up using internal power. So I boot up using internal power than put on the external power once booted.

(I'm using current firmware)

Anyone experience these error messages?
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

cmoorevt

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2007, 04:42:46 PM »
Thanks.  +T  Certainly beats the $200 plus battery boxes.  How much time do you get using it, and are you using Alkalines or rechargeable NiMh batteries?

I have one of the Bixnet 4xAA models that are now discontinued but it is basically the exact same thing.  I've been using rechargeables and the longest thing I have taped so far has been 4 or 5 hours.  Ran the MT no problem. 

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2007, 12:41:44 AM »
Is there a thread anywhere on the best CF cards to use or avoid?  Otherwise, recommendations and comments are welcome.
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2007, 08:45:18 AM »
Is there a thread anywhere on the best CF cards to use or avoid?  Otherwise, recommendations and comments are welcome.

There is a thread or two.  Summary of findings in 'memory' section of review at: www.sonicstudios.com/mt2496rv.htm
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2007, 09:06:36 AM »
Sometimes this happens.....

When using external power via the USB, anyone experience error messages on the MT straight after booting up with a Kingston 4GB 45X CF card? Sometimes I get a no-media found message...sometimes media needs to be formated message, other times media full message.

I think these error messages only occur when booting up the MT with external power via the USB. It doesn't occur when I boot up using internal power. So I boot up using internal power than put on the external power once booted.

(I'm using current firmware)

I get that error all the time.  I usually boot it up without the USB plug in, wait til the MT is completely started up, then plug in the USB power.

Anyone experience these error messages?
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline EYES

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2007, 09:57:49 AM »
mt is very reliable as long as you use the hand with one thumb and not the one with two thumbs. happy taping
ADK sc-t, ca-11 cards, omni.                                                   
 ua-5, ca-9100
pmd660, mt,
ALWAYS GRATEFUL,EYES

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2007, 10:00:42 AM »

I have one of the Bixnet 4xAA models that are now discontinued but it is basically the exact same thing.  I've been using rechargeables and the longest thing I have taped so far has been 4 or 5 hours.  Ran the MT no problem. 

There is also a 5v external battery used for iPlods which works quite nicely for the MT and is about the same size. I forget the name at the moment, something beginning with an M, McRand ?, but I got it from newegg for about 35 bucks . There was also a thread about it somewhere as well ...

EDIT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16855998033 this is the one ...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:03:05 AM by silentmark »
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline EYES

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2007, 10:04:26 AM »
go to google and type in ipod battery pack as suggested earlier in another post on remote power
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:10:43 AM by EYES »
ADK sc-t, ca-11 cards, omni.                                                   
 ua-5, ca-9100
pmd660, mt,
ALWAYS GRATEFUL,EYES

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2007, 10:07:28 AM »
I have mostly used alki AA's in my usb battery pack for the mt.  I've never been too sure about NIMH's... here's why:

4 x 1.5v = 6 volts
4 x 1.2v = 4.8 volts

Anyone know the voltage range of the regulator circuit?  Can it boost the volts up to 5 or does it just decrease?

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2007, 06:35:55 PM »
I have also noticed that the SPDIF input jack on the MT is very small and tight.  While that is good for some things  >:D what kind of cables are people using to connect to it?

Offline Gizby

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2007, 03:35:04 AM »
I have also noticed that the SPDIF input jack on the MT is very small and tight.  While that is good for some things  >:D what kind of cables are people using to connect to it?
The cable I use is a Hosa DRA-501 (link). It's a good, snug fit.

Did the MicroTrack reach you today?
Mics: DSP mod Oktava MK012s, CAD E100S (2), Studio Projects C4s, SP-CMC-2, Polsen OLM-20
Preamps/BB: Sound Devices MixPre, SP-SPSB-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam DR‑05
Video: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4

Team SoCal

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com