Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtracker firmware 1.4.5 released  (Read 14233 times)

Offline bewildered

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Microtracker firmware 1.4.5 released
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2006, 12:30:16 AM »
Im still getting incremental file names even after i format my card. What gives, i thought this was supposed to fix that? what happens when you reach 10,000.mp3, your MT blows up?

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2006, 02:40:53 PM »
Thanks, but where is the 2GB versus 2 billion bytes fix?  ???
Where is the seamless auto-reopen fix?
Is it never happening?

It will never happen...
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2006, 04:25:13 PM »
Thanks, but where is the 2GB versus 2 billion bytes fix?  ???
Where is the seamless auto-reopen fix?
Is it never happening?

It will never happen...

It's got to be a buffer issue. As long as MT owners have been asking about it, they'd have implemented it now if it was possible. Such a shame too, as it's gotten more stable and user friendly with every firmware update.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2006, 11:18:12 AM »
Im still getting incremental file names even after i format my card. What gives, i thought this was supposed to fix that? what happens when you reach 10,000.mp3, your MT blows up?

The MicroTrack resets to file 0001 when you set to defaults. And also presumably when you get to the 10,000 file like you said.

J.T.

Offline bewildered

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2006, 03:22:04 PM »

The MicroTrack resets to file 0001 when you set to defaults. And also presumably when you get to the 10,000 file like you said.

J.T.

what do you mean when i set it to defualt? like i have to reset all my settings just to do what this firmware claims to do on its own? According to this firmware it should reset itself everytime i format my card. the file numbers should reflect the number of files on the card.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2006, 03:29:20 PM »
mine never resets the file number rather i updated the firmware or i formated the card
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2006, 04:36:19 PM »

J.T.

what do you mean when i set it to defualt? like i have to reset all my settings just to do what this firmware claims to do on its own? According to this firmware it should reset itself everytime i format my card. the file numbers should reflect the number of files on the card.

Unfortunately (for you), that's not the way the MicroTrack firmware works and not how (IMO) I think it should.  If it worked that way you'd end up with conflicting file names on multiple pieces of media. I'd end up with a file0001.wav on each of my CF cards.  I want it to increment for every audio file it creates until I reset it. That's how my digital camera works. I don't end up with multiple dsc0001.jpg files.

And yes by set to defaults I mean using the set to Factory Defaults command from the system menu which will set all the changeable settings back to the defaults (input source, bit depth, contrast etc.).

What gave you the impression that it worked differently than this?  Maybe M-Audio has an issue in their manual?

I hope this helps make things clearer for you.

J.T.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2006, 12:45:42 PM »
so after some time now
all in all

this update is good and worth doing in most peoples opinions?
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline JoeKiller

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2006, 01:24:38 PM »
While running the openers to the Duo 12/2 I experience my first channel flip.  I was strange I have no idea how it happened or what the circumstances were.  Everything else ran fine after I reset the MT.   

Note this was my first flip with any of the firmwares, and I am up to 190 or so on recordings.
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

Offline gorlando

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2007, 03:18:07 AM »
Sometimes I am using the MT as a bit bucket with input from a CoreSound MIC2496.
When I upgraded the firmware to the 1.4.5 I had the pleasant surprise to have the MT meters actually working!!!
I have not seen this reported so far, so I think this info could be useful to somebody
Giovanni
Schoeps MK4's ORTF, MK41 & MK8 M-S, DPA 4060's,
Schoeps KCY, Naiant Tinybox II, Self-Made Battery Box for DPA's
Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2D, M-Audio Microtrack II

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2007, 11:04:21 AM »
Which version of the firmware did you upgrade from?  I've had pretty good luck with the meters since the 3rd? version of the firmware.  I forget what version number that was but it's been while.  Once I figured out the scale (thanks GuySonic) of the meters I found them very useful.  I've been able to run my levels much hotter than I had with my M1 without "overs" and I think my recordings sound better for it.

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline gorlando

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2007, 11:16:51 AM »
I had 1.4.3 before. However the point I want to make is that with the 1.4.5 the meters actually work with the MT used as bit bucket, i.e. recording a digital signal via the SPDIF digital input.
This is very convenient to me because the MIC2496 has only 2 leds to set the level and this is one thing I don't like of it. With the MT meters it is easier to set the right input level.
Giovanni
Schoeps MK4's ORTF, MK41 & MK8 M-S, DPA 4060's,
Schoeps KCY, Naiant Tinybox II, Self-Made Battery Box for DPA's
Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2D, M-Audio Microtrack II

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2007, 11:28:17 AM »
I always used mine as a bit bucket too.  Can you describe what changed?  I'm not doubting it, I just missed it.

Thanks!

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline ghibliss

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2007, 11:57:43 AM »
Nothing has changed with this update relevant to the merters working with the spdif input to the MT 24/96  I have the same set up and it has worked correctly on previous releases without problems.  The Mic 2496 lights are much faster repsonse than the meters on the recorder and allow you to accurately set a -12.5 db level and forget looking at the meters after that!  I am recording exclusively at 24/96 so using the -12.5 db level provides substantial headroom so that over saturation is not an issue.  The levels indicated on the Microtrack recorder seem to correspond well with the LED lights on the Mic 2496 as well.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2007, 12:18:08 PM »
Nothing has changed with this update relevant to the merters working with the spdif input to the MT 24/96  I have the same set up and it has worked correctly on previous releases without problems.  The Mic 2496 lights are much faster repsonse than the meters on the recorder and allow you to accurately set a -12.5 db level and forget looking at the meters after that!  I am recording exclusively at 24/96 so using the -12.5 db level provides substantial headroom so that over saturation is not an issue.  The levels indicated on the Microtrack recorder seem to correspond well with the LED lights on the Mic 2496 as well.

I agree, and mostly I am now using mt MT as a little portable recorder, using a various mics into a battery box that accepts the 1/8 jack on many mics, uses the MT's TRS jacks and sits atop the unit. I have always thought the meters were ok, but slow, (it took some time to understand them and what they are trying to communicate) but the leds were right on and I can record hot without distortion. The unit is pretty forgiving too, so it is ok to see them glow red occasionally. I do not think anything changed on this firmware upgrade regarding the meters. The biggest difference I noticed was that the unit is now more accepting of some CF cards that it struggled with before. Specifically for me I had a 4gb Kingston (45x or 50x I cannot recall which), and it would stop recording after a time. It works fine now with that card.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com