Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: jb3 external power II...  (Read 72993 times)

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: jb3 external power II...
« Reply #225 on: April 07, 2006, 06:31:12 PM »
This is a much better way to power your jb3 $29.99 from Fred Myer comes with the ends to fit almost everything has a 5volt output setting and is rechargable from the wall and from your car.
4000mah lithium-ion with a little meter like the wallyworld battery only smaller.

I'm a little slow so please be bare with me. Can I just plug this in to the JB3, or do I need to sift through ends to find the right one. And what would happen if I chose wrong.

R.

Yes, you have to choose the proper tip and make sure that the polarity is correct.  If you choose the wrong tip it simply will not fit into the jack on the JB3.  If you polarity is wrong it will not power the unit.  You will know if you have it right because as soon as you plug it in the unit boots automagically.  I use one of the PP99 dealios and it rocks. 

Offline Rleeee

• Taperssection Regular
  • Lets Dance, Sylvia, Dance!
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2006, 06:48:24 PM »
This is a much better way to power your jb3 $29.99 from Fred Myer comes with the ends to fit almost everything has a 5volt output setting and is rechargable from the wall and from your car.
4000mah lithium-ion with a little meter like the wallyworld battery only smaller.

I'm a little slow so please be bare with me. Can I just plug this in to the JB3, or do I need to sift through ends to find the right one. And what would happen if I chose wrong.

R.

Yes, you have to choose the proper tip and make sure that the polarity is correct.  If you choose the wrong tip it simply will not fit into the jack on the JB3.  If you polarity is wrong it will not power the unit.  You will know if you have it right because as soon as you plug it in the unit boots automagically.  I use one of the PP99 dealios and it rocks. 
Thank's, and +T 

R.
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Kind Kables Chameleon > Marantz PMD-661 (Oade Concert Mod)

No Stand:  AT831s > CA Bat 2B Battery Box > Tascam DR-07 

" Poor people need MUISC too! "

kskreider

« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2006, 07:39:29 PM »

R.

Thank's, and +T 

R.

back at you.  if i can stay away from the white russians long enough when i get home to take some in-focus pics i will.   8)

Offline Rleeee

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #228 on: April 08, 2006, 07:59:25 PM »
Picked up the PP-99 Power Pack at Fred's today, only 19.99.  ;D

R.
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Kind Kables Chameleon > Marantz PMD-661 (Oade Concert Mod)

kskreider

« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2006, 01:42:38 AM »
Picked up the PP-99 Power Pack at Fred's today, only 19.99.  ;D

R.

I just looked and the tip only goes on one way.  Which Fred's did you get that price at?  That is a great deal.

Offline paul422

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2006, 02:57:31 AM »
Anyone know about how much recording time you get with this battery?

kskreider

« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2006, 11:48:01 AM »
Anyone know about how much recording time you get with this battery?

I recorded some conferences back in early November that were 8 hour days.  I would tape three, two-hour sessions (really about 1:45 each) with a 15 minute break between two of them with the PP-99 and do the last two+ hours on the internal battery.

Offline Rleeee

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2006, 03:53:55 PM »
The store in Shoreline, WA. About a mile north of Seattle city limits. I lucked out and got the only one on the rack.

Offline paul422

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2006, 06:44:03 PM »
Does the PP-99 battery require any hacking of wires in order to power the JB3? From what I got out of this thread is that it comes with adapters and you need to match up the correct ones. Is this right?

kskreider

« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2006, 07:21:57 PM »
Does the PP-99 battery require any hacking of wires in order to power the JB3? From what I got out of this thread is that it comes with adapters and you need to match up the correct ones. Is this right?

Yessir, that is correct.  No hacking required.

Offline Laurent

• Taperssection Newbie
  • >:D Ninja
« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2006, 02:02:01 PM »
I don't know if anyone talked about it before but I've just found this.
It looks like small, not too expensive, usable for powering a single JB3 but I wondered how long... 4200mAh is good isn't it?
Sound Professionals SP-CMC-4 AT853 (c/h/o) > Church Audio CA-9100 > Zoom F1
Stock UA-5

Offline momule

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2006, 08:44:45 PM »
I don't know if anyone talked about it before but I've just found this.
It looks like small, not too expensive, usable for powering a single JB3 but I wondered how long... 4200mAh is good isn't it?

according to my calculations about 6 hours
AKG 463's (uno ck62) > Mackie Onyx Satellite > Microtrack II

Offline momule

« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2006, 08:51:56 PM »
here is Another one I just purchesed.  I hope to get a chance to try it out before wakarusa.  I have confirmed that the Jb3 will power up and so on with it but need to see how it does in the field.

Should be nice for thoise folks who dont know how to solder and just need something they can throw some AA's in and go.

edit to add It runs on 4 AA's.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 09:02:07 PM by Momule »

Offline Oysterhead00

• Taperssection Member
  • Rock This Bitch
    • My Ugly Page In Need Of A Huge Makeover
« Reply #238 on: May 11, 2006, 09:47:46 PM »
here is Another one I just purchesed.  I hope to get a chance to try it out before wakarusa.  I have confirmed that the Jb3 will power up and so on with it but need to see how it does in the field.

Should be nice for thoise folks who dont know how to solder and just need something they can throw some AA's in and go.

edit to add It runs on 4 AA's.

If you don't mind me asking, what make and model is it?  I'm going to get a Digital Concepts 5v rechargeable for some festivals this summer, but I also have a camping trip that I'll be recording 3 shows in 3 days and will have VERY limited charging abilities.  I wouldn't mind having something that I could just keep plugging AAs into.

Thanks,
Dave
Big Rig:  SMK-H8K/U or MSH-1O > PS-2 > AD-20 > CJB3
Sm Rig:  SS DSM-6S (or SP-CMC-12 > SPBM-2)  > MD-MT77
ISO: Cheap iRiver 120 or 140 :)

Offline momule

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.091 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com