Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: UA-5 power option  (Read 4999 times)

Offline jkbyram

• Taperssection Underachiever
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
UA-5 power option
« on: June 13, 2007, 08:07:31 AM »
http://www.batterygeek.net/BG_9_12_130_Portable_DVD_Player_Battery_p/9-12-130_batterygeek.htm

will this dvd battery work? they have one that is 14000 mah which is substantialy more that the one i got from oade

Offline KLowe

• Trade Count: (5)
  • CrossFit....check you ego at the door
Re: UA-5 power option
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:40:06 AM »
yeah it will work but 14000 mah..... DAMN!

and the price    DAMN
I actually work for a living with music, instead of you jerk offs who wish they did.

bwaaaahahahahahaha.... that is awesome!

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 08:58:36 AM »
Way overkill for a UA-5, unless you need to run for a really, really long time.

Offline DeepCreatures

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
    • DeepCreatures Trading Home Page
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 03:49:28 PM »
i use this one myself:

http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-DVD-U9-Lithium-Battery-Portable/dp/B000271MV2/ref=sr_1_1/002-4963871-6311216?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1181763973&sr=8-1

i sometimes hit the road w/a band, catching 3-6 shows at a time and need the added usage.

you need to get a rat-shack power cord with a B tip and an M tip.  put the B tip toward the positive side (connects to your battery out) and the M tip toward the negative side (connects to your UA-5 input).

hope this helps.

peace,
ts
Mics: AKG 480s (Ck-61, CK-62, CK-63); SP LSD2; Audix M1280Cs; CA STC-11; CSCs
Pre-Amps: T+ UA-5; W+ UA-5; Bmp2+ UA-5; SD MP-2; CA ST-9000
Recorders: Tascam ACM HD-P2; Sony PCM-D50; Sony M1 (x3); Tascam DA-P1; Sony MZ-RH10; Marantz PMD-430

Offline Meat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 07:26:38 PM »
I have a question about the battery i just bought.

http://www.energizerbatteries.com/productdetail.asp?device=DVD&prodcode=30102

The UA-5 plug is positive outer and negative inner. The battery is negative outer and
positive inner. Can I fray the two wires and switch them around?

Offline Meat

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 07:35:46 PM »
i use this one myself:

you need to get a rat-shack power cord with a B tip and an M tip.  put the B tip toward the positive side (connects to your battery out) and the M tip toward the negative side (connects to your UA-5 input).

Could you possibly post a link? Thanks.

Offline DeepCreatures

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 09:08:51 PM »
i use this one myself:

i posted an amazon link - i see it fine using IE, but, if you don't, just search Amazon.com for Lenmar DVD U9 Lithium Battery Portable.

peace,
ts
Recorders: Tascam ACM HD-P2; Sony PCM-D50; Sony M1 (x3); Tascam DA-P1; Sony MZ-RH10; Marantz PMD-430

Offline Meat

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 11:36:52 AM »
i use this one myself:

i posted an amazon link - i see it fine using IE, but, if you don't, just search Amazon.com for Lenmar DVD U9 Lithium Battery Portable.

peace,
ts

I could see the amazon link, I was hoping you could post a link a to a radio shack power chord with a B tip and an M tip.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 11:40:34 AM by Meat »

Offline DeepCreatures

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 01:37:17 PM »
DOH!

sorry about that...

did a real quick search at radioshack.com and didn't come up w/anything.  if you ask them for a power cord with the removable tips they should set you straight.  you have to get the tips separate.  sorry i couldn't be of any further help.

peace,
ts

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 03:00:11 PM »

I was hoping you could post a link a to a radio shack power chord with a B tip and an M tip.

See this thread for some pics: http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,20671.0/all.html
be sure and check the pic linked in reply #13 for the correct way to install the tips so the polarity is correct for the UA5

Offline DeepCreatures

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 03:59:34 PM »
you beat me to the punch :)  just got home from work and was going to look that up.  thanks.

peace,
ts

Offline Meat

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 01:33:34 AM »
Thanks very much DeepCreatures and flipp. I now have a greater understanding of what's going on.

Of course, I still have a (potentially moot and/or stupid) question regarding a possible snag. The battery has one outlet for the charger. Then it also has a built-in female power chord. However, the two holes at the end of the power chord have two different circumferences.

Is this a proprietary feature that will prevent me from inserting the B tip backwards?

- or -

Can I just plug the RS B>Chord>M into the charger's outlet?

If necessary, I could send pictures for clarification.

Again, thanks for y'all's help. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 01:35:43 AM by Meat »

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 11:21:18 AM »
I have a question about the battery i just bought.

http://www.energizerbatteries.com/productdetail.asp?device=DVD&prodcode=30102

The UA-5 plug is positive outer and negative inner. The battery is negative outer and
positive inner. Can I fray the two wires and switch them around?

Of course, I still have a (potentially moot and/or stupid) question regarding a possible snag. The battery has one outlet for the charger. Then it also has a built-in female power chord. However, the two holes at the end of the power chord have two different circumferences.

Is this a proprietary feature that will prevent me from inserting the B tip backwards?

- or -

Can I just plug the RS B>Chord>M into the charger's outlet?

If necessary, I could send pictures for clarification.

Looking at the pic of the battery in the link you posted, if the lead shown is the output that will plug into the UA5 and if you only plan on using the battery to power your UA5, the cheapest and simplest solution would be to cut the built in lead and swap wires.There should be some way to differentiate the two; white stripe, dashed line, one side smooth the other ridged, etc; just connect the striped to the unstriped, etc. Will only take a little time and no money involved.

That is all contingent on the provided plug on the battery fits the UA5, if it doesn't you can always cut the end off the lead, cut one off the Radio Shack adaptacable and use the proper end. If you do that, be sure and check polarity with a DVOM.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:28:39 AM by flipp »

Offline Meat

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 01:19:46 PM »

Looking at the pic of the battery in the link you posted, if the lead shown is the output that will plug into the UA5 and if you only plan on using the battery to power your UA5, the cheapest and simplest solution would be to cut the built in lead and swap wires.There should be some way to differentiate the two; white stripe, dashed line, one side smooth the other ridged, etc; just connect the striped to the unstriped, etc. Will only take a little time and no money involved.

Of course. I'd forgetten about even theorizing that. One wire does have a stripe, so I'll simply switch them around. Thanks y'all.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com