Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

How to record sound effects clean without noise

<< < (3/3)

neredren:

--- Quote from: lodavyes on September 15, 2021, 01:02:58 AM ---Why don't you want to use ready-made background effects?

--- End quote ---

By the way, that's a good idea. That would work for me, too. I'll add more later.
I came across an article about rights. The modern concept of royalty refers to a type of license fee or temporary compensation (usually monetary compensation) for the use of various patents, copyrights, or even natural resources. It can also refer to other types of property. I want to use royality free audio but I don't know if I have to buy a license or pay something? Has anyone used a service like this?

tim_k:
Hi, I record sounds like this for my job. There's a lot of things to discuss of course, but the first thing is why do you need that sound to be so loud? It's a quiet sound and really does it need to be crazy loud? But anyway, there are some ways to get more loudness, try writing on something resonant, for example of cardboard box. Also think about the psychology of sound, for example if you see a video of a pencil writing, the sound might actually be something else entirely, like a piece of wood on some construction paper. Another way to make these types of sounds sound huge is with contact microphones. They have their own issues but for friction noises like pencils they can be pretty magic. If you're not in a studio your mic is picking up all the background too and besides noise reduction is usually part of the process anyway, and if you are mixing the sound with other things you can be fairly aggressive if you are careful.
Edit to add: A lot of the time a shotgun mic isn't the best choice for quiet sounds because the interference tube is so long that the actual mic element is further away than you can get with a cardioid for example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version