Gear / Technical Help > Photo / Video Recording

Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200 (edit: mostly about ZS100 though)

<< < (56/56)

robeti:

--- Quote from: tjj5036 on April 10, 2024, 04:00:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: breakonthru on April 06, 2024, 08:46:06 AM ---Given that the cost has risen on these, are their better options in 2024? Perhaps something from the 2020-2022 era? Seems that every major manufacturer makes this form factor, and some of the newer Sonys have better specs for example.

Look at how far the processing algos have come for video in just the last few years in the phone realm, I’m sure a lot of this technology carries over to the larger cameras

Is there something peculiar about this model that makes it so popular (price point, ability to shoot long form video, etc)?

--- End quote ---

To piggyback on what's been said here the reason why its so popular is

1. It's a point and shoot and 99.9% of venues will let you in with it. Out of the hundreds of shows I've filmed only two or three events have shut me down (Tool, etc) 
2. It's on the low end of the cost spectrum ($500-600)
3. Can be modded to shoot more than 15 minutes of 4K which seems to be some EU tariff imposed workaround.
4. Decent picture that will blow a phone away especially further back.
5. Gravity effect of other tapers using them

If you're looking at other options Sony makes a series of excellent point and shoot cameras (Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100, etc) that can do 4K but they're 2-3x the price point. However, I have heard that the Sony cameras apparently do better under low light situations which the ZS100 can struggle with. If I had to pick either the ZS100 and the Sony ones ignoring cost I would probably go with a Sony at this point. However, I'm still happy with the ZS100 and will continue to use it for the forseeable future.

--- End quote ---

spot on.

Been doing video since 2005. This is by far the best video gear i've ever had all point above considered.

breakonthru:
The only thing I don’t like is sometimes the autofocus goes way out of focus and back in when shooting concerts. Perhaps there’s a setting to help with this

beatkilla:

--- Quote from: breakonthru on April 10, 2024, 06:01:07 PM ---The only thing I don’t like is sometimes the autofocus goes way out of focus and back in when shooting concerts. Perhaps there’s a setting to help with this

--- End quote ---

Yep

Manual Focus :yack:

breakonthru:
Please remind me of the key code to get past the 20 min limit

guitard:

--- Quote from: breakonthru on April 19, 2024, 12:57:41 AM ---Please remind me of the key code to get past the 20 min limit

--- End quote ---

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JDEBby1zOT1FIkVMN321RLPNlICRcZJ2zXaMVaJqGNw/edit#slide=id.g55f4d0cc81_0_44

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version