Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

Panasonic eneloops vs Powerex

<< < (3/3)

Gutbucket:
You can just top them off if you need them immediately, but I run them through the break-in routine of the Maha MH-C9000 charger first as best practice. Other good quality chargers have a similar break-in or forming mode.  It does take a good amount of time to complete.  Besides testing and conditioning each new cell, that process allows you to match them into pairs as it determines and displays the actual capacity of each battery after the break-in routine completes, That is an additional step that gets the most out of them and makes for better reliability over time but is not strictly necessary yet.  It allows you to organize the batch into pairs of most-similar capacity and label them as such so that you can always keep, use and charge each pair together, which is helpful for a few reasons.

jcable77:
Anyone recommend good rechargeable C batteries? I hate the idea of throwing away batteries every 2 shows using the Soundfield.

Gutbucket:
If standard rechargeable AA's provide sufficient current and capacity to power the Soundfield, you could use AA to C adapters.  The AA battery fits into a C battery style adapter housing.  Search "AA to C battery adapter".

jcable77:
Ive seen those eneloops with adapters and was thinking that might be the direction I go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version