Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Baby N Box into A10 question

(1/2) > >>

dmonkey:
OK, apologies if this is a dumb question, but I've seen a few different opinions on this in the forum I believe...

I just received my Baby N Box and plan to test it out tomorrow night at a loud show (Boris & Nothing) running into an A10 (with MK4's and Nbob cable). Should I run the A10 input as "audio in" or "mic in"?

I did a quick test here at home with my stereo and I had the gain maxed out on the A10 to get somewhat reasonable signal on the recorder, but of course that's different than a live music club environment. That said, I'm not used to having no mic preamp gain, so this feels a little odd.   :shrug:  Just looking to make sure I don't screw up the recording tomorrow.   ;D

Cheers,
jason

DavidPuddy:
I usually use audio in with no issues, starting around level 7 or so and adjusting from there

mountainhop:

--- Quote from: DavidPuddy on September 20, 2022, 01:57:53 AM ---I usually use audio in with no issues, starting around level 7 or so and adjusting from there

--- End quote ---

this. id say start around 10 or so on audio in... same advice essentially

dmonkey:
Awesome. Thank you both!

guitard:
As others have said - use audio in.  This is especially true for loud shows.

You probably already know this, but one thing to look out for - the "audio in" & "mic-in" options will pop up when you plug the 1/8" cable from the Baby Nbox into the A10.  The default when it pops up is "audio-in."  Just be careful it doesn't somehow get set for "mic-in" because at a loud show, you will overload the A10, and no amount of reducing the input will help.  In other words, you can go as low as 1 on the input, and it will still be overloading.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version