Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Baby nbox - battery management

(1/1)

vanark:
I purchased a baby nbox last year and used it 4-5 times. I used the same alkaline 9V battery without any issues. I think you can go 20-30 hrs. on a battery.

Anyway, I recently switched to a rechargeable 9V (Powerex 9.6V, 230 mAh). Ran it for a couple of recent shows without changing or charging the battery between shows. I have multiple Powerex so can swap whenever I need to, but wondering what those using the baby nbox are doing. Swapping after X shows? Swapping/recharging after every show? I plan on running this low profile setup more often, whenever I know I will be running just a single pair of mics.

Forgive the crosspost - TS plus 2 FB groups. There is no single place to get this info any longer.

jbell:
I don't have a baby Nbox, but with my MMA 6000 I swap the battery for every show.  The MMA 6000 can run for 22 hours off one battery.   I am using 9v powerex batteries.  I'd rather be safe and start a show with a full charge.  I also bring a backup just in case. 

dactylus:

--- Quote from: vanark on December 16, 2022, 01:15:09 PM ---I purchased a baby nbox last year and used it 4-5 times. I used the same alkaline 9V battery without any issues. I think you can go 20-30 hrs. on a battery.

Anyway, I recently switched to a rechargeable 9V (Powerex 9.6V, 230 mAh). Ran it for a couple of recent shows without changing or charging the battery between shows. I have multiple Powerex so can swap whenever I need to, but wondering what those using the baby nbox are doing. Swapping after X shows? Swapping/recharging after every show? I plan on running this low profile setup more often, whenever I know I will be running just a single pair of mics.

Forgive the crosspost - TS plus 2 FB groups. There is no single place to get this info any longer.

--- End quote ---

I use the Baby nBox regularly.  I use the 9V (Powerex 9.6V, 230 mAh) battery too.  I swap the battery after every show and I have a number of 9V (Powerex 9.6V, 230 mAh) that I use in a regular rotation.  I have never had an issue using these batteries with the Baby nBox.

I have never measured how long one of these batteries will last in the Baby nBox, but I don't have any shows coming up for a couple of months so I'll give it a try and see how long a freshly charged battery will run my mics.

colargol:
Did anyone try these: https://paleblueearth.com/collections/all/products/pale-blue-lithium-ion-rechargeable-9v-batteries?variant=40234069852315

I also wonder if the baby nbox needs 9.6v, or if that is just something left over from the nbox days?

-colargol

guitard:
More discussion about this topic here:  https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=199507.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version