Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: USB port for sp/dif out/in, streaming audio?  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Donnie L.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
USB port for sp/dif out/in, streaming audio?
« on: August 19, 2008, 02:32:03 PM »
 ??? I've been listening to streaming audio on archive.org which as been good and bad.  I'm currently using my mini jack headphone analog out and I'm hearing some low level "hum".  Would purchasing a USB port that delivers a sp/dif output remove that hum?  Or is the hum inherit in streaming audio or is the hum from my computer? In otherwords, a USB digital output won't make any difference. Also, how does installing a USB digital out/in work, how do I assign the audio path etc?  I've seen M-Audio offers this type of application.  Anybody know...tried posting in the playback forum but no replies.  I'm sure somebody here has got to know what I'm talking about, this "hum" almost sounds like a ground issue, but I'm not sure?

thanks in advance to anybody who can help me...

Sincerely,

Donnie L.

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: USB port for sp/dif out/in, streaming audio?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 02:39:32 PM »
your computer is very "noisy" (well, not just yours but everyones) and outputting a digital signal from your computer is preferred.  Either by soundcard (spdf/optical) or by USB to an external device.   I used an egosys U2A for *years* which utilized a usb out on my computer, then output either spdf or optical (also had spdf/optical in)..

good luck!
We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

Offline Donnie L.

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: USB port for sp/dif out/in, streaming audio?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 06:00:05 PM »
I figured that was the case...and many thanks for the reply....the sp/dif would be the way to do it , I could hook my DAT or digital device and grab the streaming stuff...then I would need to calculate the gap time to close it and make it seemless for stuff that I can't find on torrent...(I haven't learned how to torrent yet) I wish at archive they would make it seemless, instead of a TAO option

thanks alot for the info...I'll try the USB option...

Donnie L.  :D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com