Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-4  (Read 33412 times)

Offline Popmarter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
Re: Edirol R-4
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2004, 06:51:35 AM »
Guess you are right Wayne. Stealthtaper will have to do it with -almost, but- machines  :'(
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline wbrisette

• Needs to get out more...
    • Homepage
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2004, 01:53:05 PM »
Guess you are right Wayne. Stealthtaper will have to do it with -almost, but- machines  :'(

But, really if you think about it, what the heck is a stealth taper going to do with 4 channels? I highly doubt in a stealth situation you're going to be able to get 4 mics going and get a mix that sounds good. It takes me a while in the open to get everything right with four mics.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2004, 02:01:58 PM »
yes thats true.

comes to mind: has anyone (stealther) ever run two setups at the same time? i have two recorders and two mics. i could try and wire myself up real cool. however, i might look like the una-bomber right  ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 02:59:38 PM by popmarter »
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline EA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2004, 02:32:39 PM »
I want a stealth recorder that'll do 5.1. I'll just tape DPA's all the way around my head  ;)
Why is there no boxing in the special olympics?

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2004, 05:32:34 PM »
that thing looks like fun, i can always run my njb3 for stealth in the rare stealth occasion.

come on edirol, be bit perfect for once in your career.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline kgreener

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2004, 03:35:34 PM »
This from Doug Oade:

#2082, "RE: Edirol R-4"
In response to Reply # 1

...I agree, it should be a boon to advanced tapers. As it is made by a company with a lot of resources (Roland) it should pack a big bang for the buck. If it sounds good or can be made to sound good, I will own one ASAP. No info is supposed to be out in public before this Thursday. I bet if the guys at Edirol saw Recordista's post they would be shocked, they no doubt think they managed to keep it a secret! Once I get one in my shop, I will offer an opinion based on how it sounds, a full description of the feature set will be made public on Thursday .
peace...Doug

P.S.  just noticed the original link (http://livefromaes.com/articles/publish/article_9.shtml) isn't working now.  Coincidence?  Maybe Edirol is pissed this got out to the public so they pulled it...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 03:42:38 PM by kgreener »

Offline kgreener

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2004, 03:53:16 PM »
This from Doug Oade:

#2082, "RE: Edirol R-4"
In response to Reply # 1

...I agree, it should be a boon to advanced tapers. As it is made by a company with a lot of resources (Roland) it should pack a big bang for the buck. If it sounds good or can be made to sound good, I will own one ASAP. No info is supposed to be out in public before this Thursday. I bet if the guys at Edirol saw Recordista's post they would be shocked, they no doubt think they managed to keep it a secret! Once I get one in my shop, I will offer an opinion based on how it sounds, a full description of the feature set will be made public on Thursday .
peace...Doug

P.S.  just noticed the original link (http://livefromaes.com/articles/publish/article_9.shtml) isn't working now.  Coincidence?  Maybe Edirol is pissed this got out to the public so they pulled it, or asked to have it pulled.

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2004, 01:14:09 AM »
Anyone save the pictures?  I assume there were some since people were discussing it's size.

My hopes are very high, hopefully Edirol figured out how to make it bit perfect...
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2004, 04:49:33 AM »
My hopes are very high, hopefully Edirol figured out how to make it bit perfect...

lets keep are fingers crossed.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline Chrysler

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2004, 06:04:07 AM »
are there already devices with the serial R-2 and R-3 on the market? otherwise id assume that there might be more recording devices coming...
DPA 4060/4061/4081/4011/4015/4018  > Tascam DR-10L Pro | Zoom F-3 | DPA MMP-GR/GS > DPA D:VICE > iphone 12 mini

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2004, 06:16:19 AM »
yeah, this was leaked and we weren't supposed to know about it until thursday...theres a high chance that the R-2 might be unveiled then as well.

Offline Chrysler

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2004, 09:23:44 AM »
theres no info on R-2 or R-3 on the edirol homepage, you can access the R-4 Details on their homepage - the product detail sheet is already on their server:

http://edirol.com/products/info/r4.html
DPA 4060/4061/4081/4011/4015/4018  > Tascam DR-10L Pro | Zoom F-3 | DPA MMP-GR/GS > DPA D:VICE > iphone 12 mini

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2004, 09:39:03 AM »
here is the pdf...seems like a sweet device...will be interesting to see th price point.

http://edirol.com/products/info/r4/brochure.pdf

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2004, 09:58:03 AM »
That thing looks pretty damn cool, if you ask me.  The fact that it has phantom power is pretty cool too, esp. if Oade can/will do W/P/T mods on that sucka.

It's gonna be expensive, but it might be worth it if you can get 24/96, and a pre/recorder all in one box.

So we find out how much it'll cost tomorrow?  :P

« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 10:00:34 AM by pfife »
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2004, 10:00:19 AM »
SWEET, it has its own mic...now I will not only have an all in one box...but that will include the mics...like my first realistic tape deck!!! :P

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com