Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtracker Firmware Update v1.1.5 Beta 10/7/05  (Read 27095 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Microtracker Firmware Update v1.1.5 Beta 10/7/05
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2005, 07:17:50 PM »
Good cardreaders should be fast and the card speed more of a factor.

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2005, 08:21:20 PM »
via a USB2 card reader, 2 gigs took me about 15 minutes to transfer to my computer.

Well I used a card reader over USB2.0 and 2gigs took about 35 minutes to transfer.

Are you sure the card reader was rated for USB2?

When I bought it, it said USB2.0, so I would hope so. Here is the one I have: ImageMate cf reader sddr-92, as far as I can tell it is USB2.0
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline L Ron Hoover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "I figure the odds be 50/50"
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2005, 08:27:10 PM »
Would the hardware in your computer have any effect on transfer speeds?

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2005, 08:38:55 PM »
as a more portable solution, id also ove to know how the usb 2.0 card readers pair w/ the OTG drives as well
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2005, 10:50:15 PM »
can this thing record to split mono files instead of a stereo file?  then 2 gigs per file would actually be 4 gigs

maybe something to request in a future update if they won't do an autosplit?

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2005, 12:41:57 AM »
from talking to the m-audio guys at the show they do not have any plans to fix the 2gig thing they think its fine and not a bug at all.
Mind you they were sales guys
Even then.
They don't know their market and the 2496 implications.
Its is a BIG BUG! It's a sign of very simple implementation.
(devices like the Archos Gmini have the same issues at 2G, they did not stop but crashed more or less, corrupting teh filesystem and the recorded file; so the MT is a small step ahead.. wow)

Offline slowburn

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2005, 06:57:01 AM »
good info jason. +t. have you tried or can you manually start a new file before it hits 2gb limit? or does it have to be stopped/saved?

another test I did was use a stopwatch and time how long it would take for me to stop/save a file, and start a new recording.  about 10 seconds.

with this firmware, you cannot start recording a new file until after the last one is stopped/saved.  you press the record button again to stop/save the file, and then it creates the file.  then you can press record again to start a new file.  as mentioned above, this process is takes approx. 10 seconds.

Do I actually have to wait for it to be saved before I can press record again or can I press record twice quickly and it would then "remember" to start recording again? Will be important for stealth situations

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2005, 08:29:39 AM »
good info jason. +t. have you tried or can you manually start a new file before it hits 2gb limit? or does it have to be stopped/saved?

another test I did was use a stopwatch and time how long it would take for me to stop/save a file, and start a new recording.  about 10 seconds.

with this firmware, you cannot start recording a new file until after the last one is stopped/saved.  you press the record button again to stop/save the file, and then it creates the file.  then you can press record again to start a new file.  as mentioned above, this process is takes approx. 10 seconds.

Do I actually have to wait for it to be saved before I can press record again or can I press record twice quickly and it would then "remember" to start recording again? Will be important for stealth situations

good question.  when I get home from work today, I'll test that out.  It won't be until 7 or 8 pm tonight though, so maybe someone else can test this during the day.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2005, 09:05:18 AM »
can this thing record to split mono files instead of a stereo file?  then 2 gigs per file would actually be 4 gigs

That would be an excellent work-around, Scott!

I have to make a call to them about some issues and I'm going to try and push some of this stuff hard.

cmoorevt

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2005, 09:23:42 AM »
good question.  when I get home from work today, I'll test that out.  It won't be until 7 or 8 pm tonight though, so maybe someone else can test this during the day.

I just tried this.  You do NOT have to wait for it to be saved to begin the second recording.

As my file was recording, I hit the REC button twice quickly.  The unit stopped the first recording, saved it, and then immediately started recording again.  Took about 5 seconds to do everything after I hit the REC button twice.   I would suppose for stealth situations, when we get near the 2gb limit, hit REC REC and start the second file.  Certainly faster than swapping dat tapes, but the auto split would still be ideal.

FWIW, I tried this with both the 1/4 inch inputs and the SPDIF in. 

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2005, 09:28:38 AM »
?

alright, just to get this clear, when you get close to the 2gig limit, you can just hit record twice and it'll start a new file and save your old one?

well, i guess its time for me to get one of these.

edit: fat fingers
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 09:39:16 AM by Ed. »

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline rdvdijk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Rust Radio
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2005, 09:30:13 AM »

I just tried this.  You do NOT have to wait for it to be saved to begin the second recording.

That's cool. Does the saving process take longer when the file gets bigger?

Also: how much time is missed exactly during this 'tape flip' ?

Roel
"Obviously Doing Well.."

cmoorevt

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2005, 09:42:15 AM »
Ed.-Yes.  Exactly.  Hit REC twice, it stops the first recording, saves it and automatically starts the second recording.

rdvdijk-The "tape flip"  took a total of five seconds.  However, you bring up a good point about the length of the file.  I only ran about a minute of signal for my first file before I tried this.  Perhaps it will take longer with a larger file.   I have to leave for the day, so hopefully someone else can give it a try, or I can try again tonight.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2005, 09:59:16 AM »
+t for the great news...

its still not exactly perfect, but it keeps getting closer for my needs.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2005, 10:29:14 AM »
rdvdijk-The "tape flip"  took a total of five seconds.  However, you bring up a good point about the length of the file.  I only ran about a minute of signal for my first file before I tried this.  Perhaps it will take longer with a larger file.   I have to leave for the day, so hopefully someone else can give it a try, or I can try again tonight.
Just run the MT at 24/96 and buffers (if at all..., how much total RAM does the MT have? 16Megs? 8?) will be full within half a minute if they were 16 megs big (which I doubt).

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com