Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam HD-P2 12-10-2005  (Read 18268 times)

Offline CQBert

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Sunset in Zilker Park
Re: Tascam HD-P2 12-10-2005
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2006, 11:16:09 PM »
Thanks!

Let us know how it sounded... the room and the recording when you get free and I will do the same Sat or Sun.

CQBert
Sennheiser MKH 8040 (Matched) > Sound Devices 702

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2006, 12:27:49 AM »
Firewire Report:

6 gigs took 50 minutes to transfer

is it it me, or is that waayy long. i get better time w/ usb and the 671. just sayin.  :-\
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2006, 10:24:13 AM »
Firewire is better than USB, faster and more stable.  That's makes it so puzzling for me.

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2006, 10:24:50 AM »
Still,  I can't wait to hear this box.   ;D

Offline paulrennix

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • nobody in 04!
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2006, 09:25:27 PM »
it may well be the 6g microdrive that is slow

I plugged it into a CF port on a brand new p4 pc and it took about the same.

I know this isn't too usefull, and the kid is at his grandparents tonight so I can't do one w/o the v3 in front till the weekend...

http://www.tapers.org/prennix/tests/marshall2003mod_v3_hdp22448.flac

its the kid playing mando 1.5 feet from marshall2003s w/royer mod (basically neuman guts) >v3>p2 @ 2448
www.tapers.org
wierd *nix configs > music centric. Will work for AC or bacon!

Offline kgreener

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2006, 02:32:14 PM »
I'm testing mine at :guitarist: Jorma on Thursday in Trenton with some SP C4's.......No preamp....can't wait till Doug starts modding these....Maybe I can avoid spending 1400 for a V3...Peace

hey, any luck at Jorma last night?  i wanted to go but couldn't.  where did you setup on that small stage? 

thanks.

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2006, 06:56:04 PM »
Ditto.  How did your recording come out?

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2006, 08:22:32 PM »
Here's an interesting thread from mpeg3.org's forums.  I got lost in translation of all the technical babble.  But these got into it heavy on testing on the noise on this box.  Anybody who can decifier their words, I'd love to know.

http://www.mpeg3.org/about3258.html

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2006, 11:18:30 PM »
It didn't really go all too well....I showed up at the place an hour before time to ask about taping since I had called the day before and was informed that they had a no taping policy....I asked the guy in the box office and he said he didn't think they were cool with mic stands...I asked about a monopod he said no....He said if I saw anybody else taping with mic stands --then it would be cool....Needless to say I was confused...SO ...I grabbed my stealth gear.........SP-A/T 943>top mount SP amp>MTracker..........Instead of mounting the mics in my SP "hat mount" hat I decided to clip them to my cane handle so I could look at Jorma instead of the speakers...(I sat 1st row far right ....in front of the stack)...The first show went well..then I found out they had a second show...the guy at the door gave me a free ticket and I went to the box office to buy another one for my son....THEN in the middle of the fourth tune someone pats me on the back...I turn to see who it is and it is Vanessa Kaukonen asking me who gave me permission to record....I said no one but I asked at the box office and he was not sure....she said "Take it down"...I said OK......and did so......During intermission I went up to her to apoligize and she told me to ask permission before taping ..I told her I was going to scratch at the window of the tour bus but I didn't think think that would be cool..She told me people were selling their shows so a few bad people messed it up for everyone...She introduced me to their tour manager...I have two more shows coming up ...one in March and one in May....The first one is Mexicalli Blues and the second one is at a farm benefit with a meet and greet afterwards.....I still upset over this incident....I feel like she thinks I am stealing something from them..I'm simply recording a great experience that I would like to remember for a long time to come...I would NEVER sell their music...I own almost everything they have for sale on their website and have loved Jorma's music since the 70's....I even keep my smoking blend in a Rythem Tonic Tea Tin (works great)...After the show some guy came up to me and tried to give me a twenty for a copy of the show...I said NO but I would send him a free copy...he said take the money for postage ...I told him No...I'll send you a copy of the show as soon as I have it ready no charge..........Its all about spreading the music ...NOT making a few bucks....I think I'm going to write Vanessa a nice letter expressing my view point and intentions and to ask for permission to tape in the future.........I'll probably only be able to walk for a year or two then after that I doubt I'll be able to make it to too many more shows....I would like to record a few to remember........in closing I just want to say that I'm sorry this turned into a rant instead of a review of the HD-P2 but unfortunately it did not get the chance to hear Jorma...Buy the way Jorma and Barry sounded great...the acoustics of the place were amazing,,,Jorma said he "wants to move there"......The entire interior of the theater acts like a speaker cabinet....The audience is seated on the stage and the performers are on a 4" riser with their backs to the theater.....I can't wait till next year...Jorma said he has already been invited back...I think this was the third year in a row...They also played a few tunes with Woody Mann....the presenter of the series and a teacher at Jorma's camp.....It was an incredible show until I had to unplug......I hope they put this show up on their hottunatunes.com web sit for sale...I asked the sound guy and he said he didn't know...My recording came out great (considering)...the soundboard must sound amazing.....Peace
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline joekar

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2006, 12:04:11 AM »
Here'e a picture of Jorma and Barry from Trenton last night
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline joekar

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2006, 12:07:31 AM »
........Sorry the picture is a little blurry...I used my 5mp pocket cam instead of an SLR.....Sorry I haven't figured out how to edit my post yet ........(OK I do now)........( Man ..I need glasses)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 11:36:30 AM by joekar »

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2006, 12:47:57 AM »
Wow.  I was close to being shut out in Rochester last September too.  Had to wait for approval from Hot Tuna's manager 20 minutes before show time.  They're getting real sketchy about open taping since last year's issues. 

No biggie on the P2.  There is plenty of time to get that puppy out and runnin'.   ;)  Thanks for the effort.  +T

Offline paulrennix

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • nobody in 04!
    • www.tapers.org
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2006, 02:40:54 AM »
here's an example of A>D

this is new monson last saturday,

analog from the board into the p2 via the rca inputs @2448

www.tapers.org/prennix/tests/analogSDBD_to_hd-p2-2448.flac

www.tapers.org
wierd *nix configs > music centric. Will work for AC or bacon!

Offline kgreener

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2006, 07:56:50 AM »
joekar, +t for your troubles, sorry you got shut down, that's definitely a bummer!  hang in there and don't let it get ya down, better days are ahead :)

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2006, 04:41:10 PM »
i guess i am a bit confused, but were there 2 jorma shows (back-to-back) or an opener and then jorma?
sorry for your troubles, but it sounds like you at least didn't get the full brunt of jorma's wife (she could have kicked you out, i guess)

+T for trying it

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com