Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.0  (Read 27570 times)

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.0
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2006, 01:00:25 PM »
Signal, as in source device on? or on and sending audio?
Sending signal I guess. (I do not use SPDIF)

Offline schoff

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2006, 04:07:51 PM »
I just wish they could get enough units out to supply the European market.

To quote M Audio directly form a recent E-Mail I recieved 25.04.06:

"Just to advise you it is not a production problem but a 'high demand issue'. We had stock arrive at the beginning of April and we actually sold over 1500 units in 2 weeks. Normally this is a months supply. We did not foresee the growth in the market for this item.

We are currently out of stock but will have a large shipment in Europe middle of next month. We will fulfil all the orders when they arrive.

We would like to thank you for your support in our products and apologise for the delay in you recieving this item.

We will be trying to produce more in future so we can fulfil the demand."

Ho hum suppose they could be ironing out "bugs"

Offline svenkid

• Needs to get out more...
  • Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2006, 04:10:52 PM »
Was just trying to "bit bucket" a DAT from 2001, when he deck refused to start when the DAT started.

Any way, all of a sudden, the back-light was staying on and none of the buttons work.  The HOLD is not on, and the unit is locked up.

How can I get out of this?  Is there a key press combo or something to force a reboot/cold start?

Using 1.4.0... thanks, Greg

this sort of happened to me on monday
I was running 16/44.1 spdif fw 1.1.5

the mt light stayed on, and none of the buttons worked, I was glad I ran a dat back up. I just let the mt sit over night to power down. I then repowered it and checked the files. All seem to be there, although I havnt actually listened to them yet!
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline scoper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2006, 02:39:11 PM »
My gosh, it's been two whole days without any additions to the thread... are we approaching stability?!

I've had no problems with 1.3.3, but upgraded anyway. I don't go digi-in, as that seemed to cause many of the issues. Now if they could somehow implement a seemless split, we be golden. I doubt that will happen, as it would require a record buffer similar the the 7xx series.

Great job by all the users in reporting the bugs and getting to this point!

Scott
AT853U cardioid (low sens mod)| Countryman B3 Omni (low sens mod) > CA-UGLY II > Sony PCM-M10

Former: Sony MiniDisc/JB3/MicroTrack/R-09HR

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2006, 03:29:41 PM »
Upgraded to 1.4, ran for two sets last night, each 1hr.  SPDIF in, 24/48.  No probs at all.
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2006, 04:20:59 PM »
My gosh, it's been two whole days without any additions to the thread... are we approaching stability?!

I was just thinking the same thing.  I'm taping Sunday night and it will be the first time out since 1.4.0 appeared.  I'm not hearing any reason at this point not to give it a shot.  Heck, now that I've got a 4GB microdrive maybe I'll even go 24/48.

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2006, 04:46:15 AM »

I was just thinking the same thing.  I'm taping Sunday night and it will be the first time out since 1.4.0 appeared.  I'm not hearing any reason at this point not to give it a shot.  Heck, now that I've got a 4GB microdrive maybe I'll even go 24/48.
There's still the 2.000.000.000 byte restriction and no seamless splits, so plan in advance.

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2006, 04:49:37 PM »
I figured out the problem. this mt, and I guess all harddrivish recorders, really dont like it when you cut the signal, and its still recording, not like dat that would still give you the recorded material.

Was just trying to "bit bucket" a DAT from 2001, when he deck refused to start when the DAT started.

Any way, all of a sudden, the back-light was staying on and none of the buttons work.  The HOLD is not on, and the unit is locked up.

How can I get out of this?  Is there a key press combo or something to force a reboot/cold start?

Using 1.4.0... thanks, Greg

this sort of happened to me on monday
I was running 16/44.1 spdif fw 1.1.5

the mt light stayed on, and none of the buttons worked, I was glad I ran a dat back up. I just let the mt sit over night to power down. I then repowered it and checked the files. All seem to be there, although I havnt actually listened to them yet!
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline kbergend

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2006, 02:20:08 AM »
So far so good.  Had my first trouble-free recording using digi-in (24/44.1) with the Microtrack running 1.4.0 earlier tonight.  Recorded Willy Porter for a little over an hour, then Glen Phillips for about 98 minutes on the same 4Gb CF card.  No unexpected stoppages, and the MT also did not explode!
Keith from NY

Gefell M200/210, AKG 481/2/3, Milab DC-196 and VM-44 Link
Darktrain cables
Grace Lunatec V3, RME Fireface UFX
Tascam DR-680, Oade Concert R-44, Oade Concert PMD661, JoeCo BlackBox

Offline Judderbar

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2006, 07:12:44 PM »
Not so fast...

I was all set to come in and say mine is continuing to work perfectly, because up to now I've not had a problem with any of the firmwares, and my MT has been 100% reliable... but I got bitten a couple of days ago.

There seems to be a small loss of functionality with 1.4.0 which if you're not careful will cause you to lose data.  Previously, to start a new file on the fly, you could just hit the Rec button twice quickly, and it would write the current file and instantly start the new one.  Well now if you do that... it writes the first file alright, and gives the appearance of starting a new one, but the file number doesn't advance, and in the time remaining box it shows the length of the file you just recorded instead of time remaining on the card or file.  Meanwhile it still looks like it's recording - it still receives signal (I checked later with monitoring), and the timer counts away.

But when you press Rec again to write the second file, it just stops with no writing file message.  Check the files and it's not there either.  But - the file number was assigned - start another file, and a gap appears in the file numbering sequence.

So after all that, I found that now, you must *not* start the new file until the current one has finished writing and the MT has returned to a 'stopped' state.

I created a missing file on another card to see if anything was actually recorded and is recoverable with scandisk or something, but no luck yet...

« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 05:29:22 PM by Judderbar »

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2006, 08:11:28 PM »
So now I have a CF card that may or may not have the second encore of Radiohead 2nd night in Blackpool hiding on it.  I created a missing file on another card to see if anything was actually recorded and is recoverable with scandisk or something, but no luck yet...

Wow.. That's a serious new bug. Thanks for mentioning it. It would be easy to take the entire image of the cf card under linux to play with/send to others but I'm not sure how to do it under windows/mac. I think it is probably on there..

Offline Judderbar

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2006, 09:37:33 PM »
Can I suggest or even request, if you're not already doing it, that you (or anyone else who might be able to help) create a missing file, and see if you can find it hiding on the card?

I've downloaded some file recovery tools including one mentioned here in another thread.  None of them have found the missing file yet.  The free space on the card both in Windows and on the MT time remaining are consistent with data not having been writen...

Offline scoper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2006, 11:42:08 PM »
Good catch (+t) - that's a dealbreaker for me... goodbye to 1.4.0, back to 1.3.3.

Scott
AT853U cardioid (low sens mod)| Countryman B3 Omni (low sens mod) > CA-UGLY II > Sony PCM-M10

Former: Sony MiniDisc/JB3/MicroTrack/R-09HR

Offline hiRes

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2006, 12:47:52 AM »
So now I have a CF card that may or may not have the second encore of Radiohead 2nd night in Blackpool hiding on it.  I created a missing file on another card to see if anything was actually recorded and is recoverable with scandisk or something, but no luck yet...

Wow.. That's a serious new bug. Thanks for mentioning it. It would be easy to take the entire image of the cf card under linux to play with/send to others but I'm not sure how to do it under windows/mac. I think it is probably on there..

Just a small point of order... It's not necessarily a bug, unless they advertise this feature. If it just happened to work before, and now just doesn't, that is too bad.

Not that I'm trying to stick up for these guys, but there is a lot of verbiage flying around and we gots to be careful what we says.

hiRes

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2006, 01:39:25 AM »
I found problem with deleting a file as the deck will not (at least) record after file deletion.  It 'acts' like it will record, but NO new file is created. 

Deleted file is gone, but no new file is possible until reboot is performed. 

This was not the case with previous v1.2.3 (never loaded v1.3.3)
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com