Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.0  (Read 27565 times)

Offline Judderbar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.0
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2006, 05:24:35 PM »
The microtrack has no other memory in the device large enough to hold the recording so whenever it's recording it would have to be writing to the card.  Of course I guess there could be a small buffer where a little bit could be lost in the event of an abruptly stopped recording, but it woudl be a small part of what you were recording.

But why would it 'have' to be writing to the card - it might've been in some sort of record-pause mode - since file recovery programs on my computer at home didn't appear to be able to find any lost data or files, it wasn't clear if anything had actually been written.

But to answer my own question, I tried the card in my fairly new WinXP computer at work, and wahey - R-Studio found the missing file and was able to recover it with the correct filename and all.  So with the costs of getting to the gig, and then buying file recovery software, not the cheapest recording I've ever made.

And the other night when I had the same situation again with manual file split, waiting 'til the first file had finished writing before the second button press meant it worked perfectly, albeit with the process now taking a couple of seconds longer, so I'm back to being happy with my MT at least.

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2006, 01:18:04 PM »
I guess I'm going to stay with the 1.3.3 from what I've been reading here.
Why?
What is wrong?
I've been using 1.4.0 since it came out and yes, it has bugs.
Those are known now.
But 1.4.0 is still an improvement. Or isn't it?
Please comment.

Offline JoeKiller

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2006, 04:24:52 PM »
Why?
What is wrong?
Those are known now.
Please comment.

I'm with you on this one, 1.4.0 is the most reliable firmware I have used thus far.
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2006, 06:12:51 PM »
Why?
What is wrong?
Those are known now.
Please comment.

I'm with you on this one, 1.4.0 is the most reliable firmware I have used thus far.

I don't know. After many problems with 1.3.3, I went back to 1.2.3. Not one problem since then. I have to auto-split with my finger, but I always did that anyway. I'm not going to have a split in the middle of the song.

I did have a problem with my JB3, though. I ran out of space.  ::) Sad when you have a 40 gig jb3. It was just a backup luckily.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 06:14:38 PM by coloartist »
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline sparkjockey

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2006, 09:08:20 PM »

Me too.

Offline twoheadedboy

• Taperssection Regular
  • Catching signals that sound in the dark....
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2006, 11:40:49 PM »
(please mention the 2GB bugs as well: 2.000.000.000 versus real 2GB and seamless autosplit)

As previously mentioned, this is not a "bug" but the marketing standard for all storage devices.

I would be completely shocked if any other recorder actually uses 1024 as the factor and not 1000. As previously mentioned, this goes against the advertised capacity of all hard drives, RAM, CF, etc.!

While I don't disagree that it is at it's root misleading, it's just one of those things you have to grin and accept now, because there's no chance of it changing.

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2006, 01:07:33 AM »
(please mention the 2GB bugs as well: 2.000.000.000 versus real 2GB and seamless autosplit)

As previously mentioned, this is not a "bug" but the marketing standard for all storage devices.

I would be completely shocked if any other recorder actually uses 1024 as the factor and not 1000. As previously mentioned, this goes against the advertised capacity of all hard drives, RAM, CF, etc.!

While I don't disagree that it is at it's root misleading, it's just one of those things you have to grin and accept now, because there's no chance of it changing.
The WAV format allows for 2 real GB's.
So why not use the recording space we can get while there is no autosplit?
In computerland (i.e.: at least software) Kilo is 1024. Not 1000. Whatever the marketing thinks they can get away with is their fault.

Offline twoheadedboy

• Taperssection Regular
  • Catching signals that sound in the dark....
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2006, 12:09:44 AM »

The WAV format allows for 2 real GB's.
So why not use the recording space we can get while there is no autosplit?
In computerland (i.e.: at least software) Kilo is 1024. Not 1000. Whatever the marketing thinks they can get away with is their fault.

WAV may allow for REAL 2GB, but will this fit on a "2GB" card? No. Two 2GB files will not fit on a 4GB card either.

My "120GB HD" I bought a few years ago actually had something like 113 GB because of it. Misleading? Yes, but I knew it ahead of time, it's how HD's have worked for as long as I have used computers.

I think it's the stupidest marketing I've ever heard of, because it actually makes computing more difficult (unlike the mhz war which just confused grandma). But you know the cliche...change what you can, accept what you can't!

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2006, 03:07:15 AM »

WAV may allow for REAL 2GB, but will this fit on a "2GB" card? No. Two 2GB files will not fit on a 4GB card either.
Get a 4GB card.
Record for over 3 hours without breaks.

Offline pjdavep

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2006, 11:37:16 AM »

No chance of changing it?!?  Not with that negative ass attitude!   ^-^

I had entered a support ticket for this max file size issue since I record at 24/48 and their 1000 byte calculation is robbing me of almost 10 minutes record time in a file.  That could be the difference of a gap in the middle of a song or capturing the entire show uncut!   

After going back and forth with the support tech (and him wanting me to defragment my CF card  ::) ), he updated the ticket today saying the developers were aware of the issue and were working on a resolution.

Later,
   pjdavep
Recording: DPA 4061s > DPA MMA-6000 > R-09

Playback office: Denon 2200 > Grace 901 > Sennheiser 650's (all Cardas cabling)
            home: Onkyo SP-800 > Denon 887 > Odyssey HT-3 SE > Von Schweikert VR-2  (Kimber Select IC's and Bifocal XL spkr cables)

Offline JoeKiller

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2006, 01:24:22 AM »
I would like to say that I have been running this spdif 2Gb 24/48 for almost 2 months, rock solid. 

It's good folks. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 01:26:12 AM by JoeKiller »
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2006, 10:11:35 AM »
This thread sure got quiet.... so quick question.

How do you enable the "auto file split" that was put in on this release, or is it automatic (even if you loose 5-10 seconds of record time)?

Thanks

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2006, 10:40:59 AM »
automatic
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2006, 10:37:54 PM »
is there a link for 1.4.0?
i cant seem to ever find the update via M-Audio's website...looking to update from 1.2.3
or, from what i have been reading, should i dare update?? 
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline mwz

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2006, 10:47:55 PM »
http://m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&k=firmware&b=1

Choose USB Audio Series and then pick yer OS.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com