Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.0  (Read 27664 times)

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
Re: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.0
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2006, 11:00:16 PM »
thats what was wrong...i still had driver updates selected, not firmware!
+T MWZ
so, whats the consensus on the 1.2.3 upgrade? 
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2006, 11:17:03 PM »
I haven't had any problems with 1.4.0 other than my own user error.  (plug the coax cable in all the way).

Its been pretty rock solid in what it does as a bit bucket and this firmware handles microdrives the best.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline udovdh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2006, 01:02:38 AM »
This thread sure got quiet.... so quick question.

How do you enable the "auto file split" that was put in on this release, or is it automatic (even if you loose 5-10 seconds of record time)?
Isn't that an automagic feature?

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2006, 11:07:49 AM »
well, i tried out the new firmware update last nite without pretesting after the install.
WSP @ red rocks, so i knew it would be a solid test run
NO PROBLEMS....ran 24/48 SPDIF from the V3 and so far nothing bad to report.
first set 1:05 using the Hitachi 4GB microdrive (it did get hot as hell in my bag, but it could have been b/c the top was closed)
2nd set: 1:48 + manual split during encore break using the 45x Kingston 4GB compact flash

looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

now if they can get the 2GB autosplit with no gap ,i will be a happy camper

"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2006, 12:36:51 PM »
is there a link for 1.4.0?
i cant seem to ever find the update via M-Audio's website...looking to update from 1.2.3
or, from what i have been reading, should i dare update?? 

This is not the newest firmware (1.4.0). There have been 2 updates since, both fixing specific hiccups from this version. I upgraded even though the fixes were not important to me (you never know). I have run the unit three times since and the latest version, Microtrack 1.4.1b2
appears to  also be rock solid. That is the thread that should be in use. It is time to put this thread to sleep.

I have not had any issues with my MT since 1.4.0 or earlier. Perhaps the MT was released before it was ready, but I have no regrets at all. The unit is fully reliable to me, so much so that my jb3 has gone from main, to backup, to in the drawer. ;D Life is good...
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2006, 05:44:15 PM »
It is time to put this thread to sleep.

I agree!  It's putting me to sleep.    :zzz:

I'm with Cliff.  MT is rock solid.  Ran it for 3 full sets last night plus a quick restart after the band was coerced into one more song.  I run it 16/44.1 and 24/48.  Damn 24 bit sounds great, now I need to get a new squeeze box so I can actually listen to 24 bit.

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2006, 12:12:08 AM »
its a shame tho, if they got the 2-GB thing fixed, this lil box would be PERFECT, hell, id buy one just to stealth with ;)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2006, 11:06:33 AM »
well, i tried out the new firmware update last nite without pretesting after the install.
WSP @ red rocks, so i knew it would be a solid test run
NO PROBLEMS....ran 24/48 SPDIF from the V3 and so far nothing bad to report.
first set 1:05 using the Hitachi 4GB microdrive (it did get hot as hell in my bag, but it could have been b/c the top was closed)
2nd set: 1:48 + manual split during encore break using the 45x Kingston 4GB compact flash

looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

now if they can get the 2GB autosplit with no gap ,i will be a happy camper

no major problems again last nite.
the onyl weird thing that happened was after 1:35 of recording i did the manual split prior to the encore, but it seemed like it froze during the file save...i let it go for 30seconds which is ample time to finish saving before reseting via power button.
the complete file was there when i got home tho, so thats all that matters!

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2006, 11:43:18 AM »
the onyl weird thing that happened was after 1:35 of recording i did the manual split prior to the encore, but it seemed like it froze during the file save...i let it go for 30seconds which is ample time to finish saving before reseting via power button.

I'd call that a major problem..  Surely not something you want to have happen at a tool show or in the front row of some spectacular jazz show.  Someone said the mt is 'rock solid'.. If the mt is 'rock solid', what do you call the jb3, R-1 or 722 reliability?  The mt still isn't at the reliability of the jb3 or, it seems, the R-1 and countless other devices.

With the jb3 or 722, I just take it for granted that the recorder will be completely predictable, reliable and drama-free.  I'm not talking over a few shows. Record a hundred shows with a jb3, mt and a 722.. How many seconds of the performances (from first applause to last) do you miss and with how much 'OMFG, why won't it save and restart!?' type drama. I hate that kind of drama!

With new folks still coming in and wondering about the mt, I don't think it is accurate or fair to say it is 'rock solid'  ;)

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2006, 02:55:28 PM »

I'd call that a major problem..  Surely not something you want to have happen at a tool show or in the front row of some spectacular jazz show.  Someone said the mt is 'rock solid'.. If the mt is 'rock solid', what do you call the jb3, R-1 or 722 reliability?  The mt still isn't at the reliability of the jb3 or, it seems, the R-1 and countless other devices.

With the jb3 or 722, I just take it for granted that the recorder will be completely predictable, reliable and drama-free.  I'm not talking over a few shows. Record a hundred shows with a jb3, mt and a 722.. How many seconds of the performances (from first applause to last) do you miss and with how much 'OMFG, why won't it save and restart!?' type drama. I hate that kind of drama!

With new folks still coming in and wondering about the mt, I don't think it is accurate or fair to say it is 'rock solid'  ;)

This was a known flaw in 1.4.0 that the next version 1.4.1 B1  quickly discovered and fixed. The best version to run is the newest version, (Microtrack 1.4.1b2) not 1.4.0.

My jb3 is in the drawer and there it will stay until I have time to put it in the yard sale. :)

I fairness to all the mis-information out there, I'll amend. My MT is rock solid.  :angel:
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2006, 05:24:38 PM »
until the 2gb thing is fixed, this thing is useless IMO for 24-bit recording :) but if ya'll can get under the 2gb thing, its  a cheap 24-bit recorder
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2006, 01:18:51 AM »

See this thread on my R1 problems: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=61949.0

I know of several people who have had some 722 issues... so nothing is perfect!

Offline gmm6797

• Homepage
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2006, 01:30:56 AM »
This was a known flaw in 1.4.0 that the next version 1.4.1 B1  quickly discovered and fixed. The best version to run is the newest version, (Microtrack 1.4.1b2) not 1.4.0.

I just checked m-audio.com and it only shows 1.4.0... how/where can i find the "b2" version? 
TIA

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2006, 01:36:33 AM »

I just checked m-audio.com and it only shows 1.4.0... how/where can i find the "b2" version? 
TIA

make sure to select include beta versions
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline gmm6797

• Homepage
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2006, 10:04:40 AM »
make sure to select include beta versions

dolt

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.199 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com