Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.3 released  (Read 20198 times)

Offline deadheaded

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Kind Kables
Re: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.3 released
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 04:22:01 AM »
Ran 1.4.3 tonight.
everything seemed to go ok.  been having problems with the swaping channels pops for the last month or so with the previous firmwares.
no problem tonight.
happy taping
ed
If it's worth getting off the couch, it's worth taping!

slayerrocker

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 01:55:57 PM »
This info is very helpful. Thanks to all.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 12:51:01 AM »
Recorded David Sanborn and Patty Peterson both at the Minnesota Zoo Wed. night with the new firmware. Due to the policy of the evening, I needed to have my light pocketable gear with me. Ran AT 853's into the 1/4" jacks, and all was well, except for a lot of chatter from the crowd.

Neither artist ran long enough for me to do a file split...  :realhappy:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 03:10:57 AM by dallman »
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 10:39:43 AM »

Howdy,

I recorded the Rollins Band & X with the new firmware (24/48) a few nights ago with no problems whatsoever.   :)    :)

I definitely need some help with the setlists for both shows however.  Anyone willing to give me a hand with these two?

:help:

thanks,

David

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline ghibliss

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 06:08:04 PM »
I recorded The Regina Carter Quintet and David Sanborn at The planting Fields Arboretum in Oyster Bay, NY Friday Night.  The MT-24/96 worked great and the performances by both artists were excellent as well.  The "Auto" sample rate detect function seems to work better with the new v1.4.3 firmware I use an  external A/D converter and run at 24/96 always. The old firmware used to incorrectly save the file as 24/44.1 which would play back to slowly.  It was only saving the header incorrectly so no problem to fix it.  It is nice to not have to fudge with the files after you are done however. 

I was in the 3rd row dead center and was amazed that I could even hear David Sanborns fingers on the keys of the Saxophone!  The DS show was about an hour and 15 minutes while Regina Carter played for 60 minutes.  Regina Carters band is amazing if you have never listened to her.  Each of the musicians are top notch and a joy to listen to.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 06:10:21 PM by ghibliss »

Offline danlynch

• Trade Count: (16)
    • nyctaper
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 04:00:00 AM »
Glad to hear the auto sampling rate function is working better.  That seems to be one of the most prominent bugs left. 
Thanks for the report.

I recorded The Regina Carter Quintet and David Sanborn at The planting Fields Arboretum in Oyster Bay, NY Friday Night.  The MT-24/96 worked great and the performances by both artists were excellent as well.  The "Auto" sample rate detect function seems to work better with the new v1.4.3 firmware I use an  external A/D converter and run at 24/96 always. The old firmware used to incorrectly save the file as 24/44.1 which would play back to slowly.  It was only saving the header incorrectly so no problem to fix it.  It is nice to not have to fudge with the files after you are done however. 

I was in the 3rd row dead center and was amazed that I could even hear David Sanborns fingers on the keys of the Saxophone!  The DS show was about an hour and 15 minutes while Regina Carter played for 60 minutes.  Regina Carters band is amazing if you have never listened to her.  Each of the musicians are top notch and a joy to listen to.
Founder and Host of NYCTaper:  http://www.nyctaper.com

Microphones:  Schoeps CCM4Us, Sennheiser MKH-8040s, Neumann KM-150s, Neumann TLM-102s, DPA 4061s
Recorders:  Sound Devices 744t, Edirol R-44 (Oade Concert Mod), Edirol R-05
Pre-Amps, D/A's:  Apogee Mini-Me

My Recordings on Archive.org: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/danlynch

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2006, 09:59:32 AM »

Aw man.. You edited out the part that said your MT recordings were the best you've heard and better than the any of the last 1000 torrents you have downloaded  ;)

When I first read it I was even going to call first dibs on Teddy's gear when he sells everything to buy a bunch of microtracks  :P

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2006, 10:32:31 AM »
Has anyone experienced the following issue?

When I got the MT early on, I ran it at 24/96 with an 8GB Sandisk Ultra II CD card going line-in with the 1/4" connectors, no issues on the early firmware.  I upgraded firmware along the way (now at 1.4.3), but haven't used the MT much.  Friday I tried mic-in at 24/96 on the 1/8" plug and got a horrible clicking noise.  Changed to line-in on the 1/4" and still got the noise.  When I replaced the 8GB card with either a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II or a 4GB Lexar, no noise.  I then tried the 8GB card at different settings, no bad clicking at 16/44.1, none at 16/96, but bad noise (with slower clicking) 24/48 and 24/44.1.  TO check the card, I popped it into a 722 at 24/96 and it worked perfectly.

I have reported this to M-Audio, they have tested 6GB cards (microdrives, I guess) but not 8GB.  I'm pretty sure it worked fine with the original firmware, but seems to be unable to do 24 bits on the present firmware with an 8GB card.  Any ideas what's going on?  Seems totally weird.

Jeff

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2006, 01:50:44 PM »
Has anyone experienced the following issue?

When I got the MT early on, I ran it at 24/96 with an 8GB Sandisk Ultra II CD card going line-in with the 1/4" connectors, no issues on the early firmware.  I upgraded firmware along the way (now at 1.4.3), but haven't used the MT much.  Friday I tried mic-in at 24/96 on the 1/8" plug and got a horrible clicking noise.  Changed to line-in on the 1/4" and still got the noise.  When I replaced the 8GB card with either a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II or a 4GB Lexar, no noise.  I then tried the 8GB card at different settings, no bad clicking at 16/44.1, none at 16/96, but bad noise (with slower clicking) 24/48 and 24/44.1.  TO check the card, I popped it into a 722 at 24/96 and it worked perfectly.

I have reported this to M-Audio, they have tested 6GB cards (microdrives, I guess) but not 8GB.  I'm pretty sure it worked fine with the original firmware, but seems to be unable to do 24 bits on the present firmware with an 8GB card.  Any ideas what's going on?  Seems totally weird.

Jeff

Got the same Flash card, no problems with 24/88.  Haven't tried 24/96, but card should be plenty OK at that rate. 

You may have marginal flash card that slid by QC as OK, or maybe they changed something in the design or production and did not catch the implications on performance under certain conditions like audio stream recording.  Got to realize, these devices are well tested for camera type applications, but NOT for audio recording.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline dunebug81

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2006, 02:05:26 PM »
I recorded the Rollins Band & X with the new firmware

HOw long did they play for...i think im seeing them on thursday.
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/
aim: dunebug81

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2006, 03:33:43 PM »

Got the same Flash card, no problems with 24/88.  Haven't tried 24/96, but card should be plenty OK at that rate. 

You may have marginal flash card that slid by QC as OK, or maybe they changed something in the design or production and did not catch the implications on performance under certain conditions like audio stream recording.  Got to realize, these devices are well tested for camera type applications, but NOT for audio recording.

After I got the MT to work fine at 24/96 with a 2GB or 4GB CF card, I suspected my 8GB card, even though if it were a speed question the fact that it works at 16/96 but not at 24/44.1 is anomolous.  But the card works fine in a sound devices 722 at 24/96, so I'm really confused.  Will try re-installing 1.4.3 tomorrow, if you say the 8GB card works with that firmware for you at 24/88.

Jeff

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2006, 05:47:01 PM »

After I got the MT to work fine at 24/96 with a 2GB or 4GB CF card, I suspected my 8GB card, even though if it were a speed question the fact that it works at 16/96 but not at 24/44.1 is anomolous.  But the card works fine in a sound devices 722 at 24/96, so I'm really confused.  Will try re-installing 1.4.3 tomorrow, if you say the 8GB card works with that firmware for you at 24/88.

Jeff

Well glad you asked, as it turns out I just upgraded to 1.4.3 from what I can't quite remember, maybe 1.4.0? or was it 1.4.1b2 ??? 
Anyway, haven't tried recording anything as yet with latest firmware.  Should NOT make any difference, right?

Going out right now and check out 24/88.2 with 8 GIG; let you know if anything's amiss.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 08:00:36 PM »
I recorded the Rollins Band & X with the new firmware

HOw long did they play for...i think im seeing them on thursday.

Rollins Band about 1 hour -  :drummer:   VERY bassy!!  The Rollins Band rocked from start to finish!!!

X about 1 hour & 20 mins -  :guitarist: -
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 10:38:56 PM »

Jeff

Well glad you asked, as it turns out I just upgraded to 1.4.3 from what I can't quite remember, maybe 1.4.0? or was it 1.4.1b2 ??? 
Anyway, haven't tried recording anything as yet with latest firmware.  Should NOT make any difference, right?

Going out right now and check out 24/88.2 with 8 GIG; let you know if anything's amiss.

OK! 

8 GIG Sandisk Ultra II with MT v1.4.3 auto filled two 2GIG 24/88.2 files and started another 700meg file in 2.5 hours recording time off internal battery. 
Just opened File #3, and it plays fine.

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 09:44:21 PM »
Thanks very much for this.  M-Audio also has someone with an 8GB Sandisk Ultra II card who also has no trouble at 24/96.  I have downloaded and installed firmware 1.4.3 a second time, and am still getting the trouble I had Friday.  If you and M-Audio have it working without issues, I've got to believe it is not software related, though I had this card running at 24/96 in the MT earlier in the year.  M-Audio suggests it is most likely a CF card issue, and I would like to think it's just a question of replacing the card.  BUT: in the MT the card works fine at all 16 bit settings, including 16/96, but at NO 24 bit setting, including 24/44.1, so it doesn't seem like a speed issue; and the card continues to work fine at 24/96 in a Sound Devices 722 and also at 24/44.1 in an Edirol R1.  I will be trying another Sandisk 8GB card later this week or next week, if that works I'll have to believe I have a bad card for the MT which might also fail in the other machines at some point. 

Jeff

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com