Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Iriver 120 dropped samples?  (Read 22287 times)

Offline whatboutbob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • A very happy chappy right now...
Re: Iriver 120 dropped samples?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 06:47:04 PM »
Sorry...I've got a bunch of shows this week - but if its still an issue next w/e I can help out w/ testing. Good luck with isolating the issues guys...and once again, thank you soooo much to Mmmm and petur.
Mics: Audix m1290's, AT943's (w/ AT853 C/O/H caps), AT853's
Power: PS-2, Homebrew 3wbb, SPSB-6
Pre/AD: UA-5 (BM2p+), CA-9100, AD-20
Recorder: iriver H120, H160

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2007, 07:04:26 PM »
I won't have an opportunity to fully test the REP in Mmmm's sig until May 9. But, I will be in the same club, using the same rig that I used when I had problems, when I do get to testing it.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline bugg100

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2007, 05:43:39 AM »
Mmmm - Would be glad to test.... BUT I am on h320.  If you want to compile for it, I'll run it.

Offline Mmmm

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2007, 03:23:35 PM »
I seem to have fixed it now so that even less buffer is needed while recording while using the REP than when not using it!

Only testing will tell if this fixes the problem, so please please give the build in my sig a go (H120/140)...

If you are using the H3xx: H3xx build HERE
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:25:06 PM by Mmmm »

Offline Chuck

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2007, 04:45:15 PM »
I seem to have fixed it now so that even less buffer is needed while recording while using the REP than when not using it!

Only testing will tell if this fixes the problem, so please please give the build in my sig a go (H120/140)...

If you are using the H3xx: H3xx build HERE

WoW! That's cool! I plan to test that build in an iHP-120 and an iHP-140 next Wednesday night.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000

Offline Mmmm

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »
WoW! That's cool! I plan to test that build in an iHP-120 and an iHP-140 next Wednesday night.
Good stuff, just make sure that you have the recent version (that I uploaded just before my previous post) and not the one of a couple of days ago... :)

Offline Chuck

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 03:30:23 PM »
Good stuff, just make sure that you have the recent version (that I uploaded just before my previous post) and not the one of a couple of days ago... :)

Yeah, I've got it... 05-01 is the date on the files. You say there is a debug screen? Anything I need to know if it pops up?

Offline Mmmm

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 05:50:16 AM »
Yeah, I've got it... 05-01 is the date on the files. You say there is a debug screen? Anything I need to know if it pops up?
No, I got rid of that seeing as I have seemingly sorted the buffer problem...  So it's just record as normal and see if the same problems pop up. If not then it's probably fixed!

Offline Semayat

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Reggae Taper
    • Reggae live
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2007, 01:00:18 PM »
Hi,

I've had the same problem saturday night, and we've talked about that in another topic...

IF I understand what you say is : I take your latest rockbox version (in your signature) and it should work fine because you fixed it??
Sorry but my comprehension of that problems, and my lack of english pratice can't be good in that situation  ;D

Bye
Semayat
Selling : SP CMC-2, SP SPSB-1

Taping rig :
Mics : SP CMC-4 (AT853's)
Preamp : CA9100 (V3.2)
Recorder : Ihp-120, H2

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 02:56:32 AM »
I've had the same problem saturday night, and we've talked about that in another topic...
Can you confirm to me that when you had that warning you were using the official rockbox version and not the REP?

Offline Semayat

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Reggae Taper
    • Reggae live
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2007, 03:48:01 AM »
Can you confirm to me that when you had that warning you were using the official rockbox version and not the REP?

I've had a rockbox+firmware dled from their "official" site, not the REP (the one i just installed sunday from the link a member sent me in the topic) ...It has new features, i mean new bars on the bottom...
I am going to tape some shows saturday & i hope it won't let me down  :hmmm:

Semayat
Selling : SP CMC-2, SP SPSB-1

Taping rig :
Mics : SP CMC-4 (AT853's)
Preamp : CA9100 (V3.2)
Recorder : Ihp-120, H2

Offline Mmmm

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2007, 04:11:59 AM »
IF I understand what you say is : I take your latest rockbox version (in your signature) and it should work fine because you fixed it??

Well....maybe, or maybe not... it needs testing.

It's also possible that it is a scheduling error which I think JSMikes has fixed in the official build so maybe it never was anything to do with the REP in the first place...especially if you encountered the error in an official build..

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2007, 04:48:14 AM »

Well....maybe, or maybe not... it needs testing.

It's also possible that it is a scheduling error which I think JSMikes has fixed in the official build so maybe it never was anything to do with the REP in the first place...especially if you encountered the error in an official build..
Mmmm, I´ve always been using your latest REP-build and never had warnings or drops on ANALOG-line in and I recorded 17 concerts since August 2006. Sometimes I record via optical line-in from my dvd-recorder to my H140 without any drops or failures or warning messages but optical makes only 1-2% of my recordings.
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline Chuck

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2007, 11:32:26 AM »
Well, I tested the 05-01 Mmmm REP build last night and....

All is good. I recorded the same way I have been, with and the iHP-120 and IHP-140. No warning messages!
...and more importantly, no dropped samples :)

Offline Mmmm

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2007, 01:27:22 PM »
Well, I tested the 05-01 Mmmm REP build last night and....

All is good. I recorded the same way I have been, with and the iHP-120 and IHP-140. No warning messages!
...and more importantly, no dropped samples :)
So, if you had done that before the fix, would you say that you would definitely have had some warnings or dropped samples? or is it more of a hit and miss affair?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com