Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR1  (Read 41622 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Tascam DR1
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2008, 10:18:04 AM »
Since it is for the same Primo's any chance of cloning this pre amp and "moding" the h2?

Anything can be done but it would cost more money then the unit is worth. Much more money.

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Kevin T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »
Considering the H2 price and the Modding effort That's not unexpected. Thanks     

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2008, 11:21:33 AM »
Considering the H2 price and the Modding effort That's not unexpected. Thanks     

The other issue to is firmware ( thats something way beyond my abilities ) as far as modifications go when you get into these little recorders you need to work with the preamp sections and sometimes be able to make changes in the firmware code.. Thats not something most people could handle. I think the lesson here is spend as much money as you can on a good recorder that will be with you for years.. Then with what ever money you have left over buy some decent mics * they can always be upgraded later on * but your recorder is an investment in the future.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline timP

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2008, 09:56:42 PM »
still no firmware fix for the 2gb limit?

any hope?
?>FR2LE

Offline jonbo

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2008, 02:00:32 PM »
thanks for all the info.. looking at doing an upgrade but there is so much choice.
AT853 > 3-wire BB > H120

Offline Widetrack

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Widetrack's MySpace
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2008, 10:52:09 AM »
Hi, I just got a Tascam DR-1 yesterday, so I am still checking it out, but one thing I'm wondering about has to do with the overdubbing feature. Does anybody know if it is possible to undo or erase an overdub yet still keep the file you've overdubbed to? I can't find anything about it in the manual. Thanks!

Offline Widetrack

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Widetrack's MySpace
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
Never mind! I realized that each time you overdub, it's a new track.

One more question I do have: is there a way to split the tracks when listening back? I sometime record large shows, rehearsals, etc., and it would be nice to have the option to split the tracks right on the unit before importing them into my PC for further editing.

Pretty cool little unit so far! Sound is amazing with just me and my acoustic guitar, using the internal mics. Looking forward to hearing how it does recording a live band at high volume...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:39:58 PM by Widetrack »

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2008, 07:58:07 PM »
still no firmware fix for the 2gb limit?

any hope?

That's the only fix it needs.  I bet something will come out by this Fall. 

So far I've been very happy with the DR-1.  Nice, clean, warm, sound.  Sounds great going:   Mics > power source > Mic-In 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:29:50 AM by spyder9 »

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2008, 01:14:49 AM »
Here's a sample of going directly into the Mic-In on the DR-1.  Recording is a little boomy, for I was at the edge of the lawn and was picking up some of the Shed's boom.  Still, the Pre/ADC on this puppy is as smooth as butter.

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,111607.0.html

Bob Dylan 2008-08-19  Canandaigua, NY

AT853RX > Denecke PS-2 > Tascam DR-1

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2008, 04:40:17 PM »
Has anyone figured out how to get the screen to stay lit or to light up during use? I have not seen anything addressing this. Thanks!
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline printguy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rockin' in Toronto
    • hipfans.com
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2008, 10:18:16 AM »
The firmware is up to 1.10 now; can anyone point me to a comprehensive list of the fixes the upgrades have addressed?
• CA-11 or CA-14 > Naiant TinyBox > Tascam DR-1
• Neumann KM184s > R-44

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2009, 09:52:28 PM »
SonicState.com is reporting that the DR-1 will receive a firmware update later this month.  The new version will be called 2.0, and will include some features found in the new DR-07 recorder.  For example, version 2.0 adds a 2 second pre-roll buffer, a 300 ms. delay to the start of recording, and the ability to automatically start a new file when the 2GB file size limit is reached while recording. 

Here's the article
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2009/01/17/tascam-updates-dr-1-and-gt-r1-recorders/

Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade. No word on how "seamless" the rollover to a new file will be.

Flintstone

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2009, 10:26:50 AM »
That's HUGE!!!!!   I just sent them an email over the weekend, inquiring about an upgrade.  Psyched!  I heart my DR-1.     :realhappy:

"TASCAM has updated the DR-1 and GT-R1 Portable Digital Recorders to Version 2.0. The update offers additional features during recording, including a manual track increment for breaking a long session into individual tracks. The new pre-record buffer feature can store audio in a buffer to begin a recording two seconds before the record button is pressed. Recording can also be delayed by 300ms to eliminate handling noise when the record button is pressed.

Editing features have also been added to the recorders in version 2. "File Divide" separates a recording into two files. The DR-1 and GT-R1 automatically make a new file while recording if the file becomes too large. A new "All Delete" function deletes all of the files in the selected folder.

The free update for the DR-1 Portable Digital Recorder and GT-R1 Portable Guitar/Bass Recorder will be available at the end of January on the TASCAM website."

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2009, 08:16:27 PM »
Received an email from Teac customer service:

"Dan,

There is a firmware update coming real soon for the DR-1 that will allow track increments, it will be on the website soon as it is available.

Thank you for your interest in Tascam products. If you need further assistance feel free to call us at 323-727-7617 or e-mail us at Custser@teac.com"

I'm so happy.   ;D

Offline printguy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rockin' in Toronto
    • hipfans.com
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2009, 04:43:24 PM »
Any updates on the firmware upgrade? I thought end of January was the timeline...
• CA-11 or CA-14 > Naiant TinyBox > Tascam DR-1
• Neumann KM184s > R-44

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.099 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com