Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help getting recordings on cd  (Read 1166 times)

Offline crossthreaded

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Help getting recordings on cd
« on: March 11, 2008, 11:46:45 PM »
ok i've been chewing goodcooker's ear off in pm with help of every aspect of taping so far and he has been more than helpful. I just don't feel like buggin him with stupid questions anymore  ;D so i'll bug everyone else

so I have the recordings, I put them on the computer in WAV.  I have managed to get the file into  cd wave and get it into tracks and saved.  But then I remembered I need to change it from 48 to 44.1

I plan on using audacity since it fits my budget.

I read the workflow sticky but don't quite understand, the whole dither audacity project jibber jab.

Could a kind soul please take mercy on a pion like myself and give me some layman instructions on how to get the music onto a cd.  I would really like to give a copy of the 2 shows I taped 2 weeks ago to the bands when I see them thursday night for their next show.

And I need to mail a copy of a DSO show off.

I'd also like to seed the DSO show but one step at a time.
akg 460/ck61>cables>busman T mod R4
stuff > rio > es > cl5 > nexo

Offline 69mako

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Help getting recordings on cd
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 12:21:53 AM »
If you want to change the sample rate from 48K to 44.1K, you will need to resample the audo.  NOT dither it.  Dithering is used when changing the bit rate.  To change the sample rate in Audacity, click on the down arrow inside the info box to the left of the wav file.  In there you will see a "set rate" tab.  Click on it and it will show you your options for changing the sample rate.

Good luck!
Mako

http://db.etree.org/69mako

007: Church Audio CA-14c -> Church Audio St-9100 preamp -> R-09HR

Open: Busman BSC1 mics (X2) -> Hydra Cables (X2) -> Tmod R4

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Re: Help getting recordings on cd
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:27:55 AM »
If all you need to do is resample to 44.1 kHz (and no other audio editing), I would recommend using r8brain instead of Audacity.  r8brain is also free (although there is a PRO version that costs money, but the free version sounds great as well).   you can download r8brain here:
http://www.voxengo.com/product/r8brain/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.268 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com