Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: FLAC tagging question (xACT)  (Read 9223 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: FLAC tagging question (xACT)
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 12:33:53 PM »
I don't want to make it totally automatic because I don't want you to split using a cue and have it just tag it with the wrong tags if it failed.  the way i just made it work was a second step through the tags tab.  you choose a cue sheet, it populates album, artist and pops up the track name window.  you can verify/add/update and then just hit tag.  it's an extra step, but i like having some user verification in there, especially since cue sheets only have a small number of "standard" tags

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 04:30:17 PM »
i might go back and put in a way to do it in 1 step - but with a "does this look ok?" step before tagging

greenone told me of another bug that I fixed this morning

i'm playing around with adding the dvd-audio functionality from DVD-Audiofile into the util tab of xACT.  for right now I might just have it do 1 group (instead of the 9 in the dvd audio spec)

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 06:24:59 PM »
Sounds good - Thanks!
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline scb

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 04:07:03 PM »
changes so far in 2.13.  I've had a bit of free time in the past week

-Added ability to tag MP3, Monkey's Audio, and WavPack files. Changed FLAC tagging to make unicode-friendly.  Added ability to add album art to FLAC, AAC, Apple Lossless and MP3 files.
   -fixed bug when "Delete original files" option checked and task canceled that resulted in original files still being deleted.  Check now in place to prevent this.
   -added user preference to delete files or move to trash when "Delete original files" checked.  Default is to delete.
   -added ability to convert Apple Lossless files to LAME mp3.  Tags and album art will be copied to the mp3.
   -Added ability to parse a CUE file for tags (album, performer, track names).  From the "FLAC/M4A Tags" tab, select "Load Tags From CUE sheet…" from the File menu and choose a cue sheet.  xACT will attempt to parse the metadata from the file.  Note: previous "Load track Names from file" was moved from the Edit menu to the File Menu.
   -added ability to make DVD-Audio disc image from flac or wav files. note: the tool that authors the dvd-a data may picky about wav files having standard headers.  If wavs don't work, try flac files.
   -fixed bug when using "shntool fix" to fix sector boundary errors on files with no file extension. 
   -fixed bug when converting files with no extension to SHN
   -fixed bug in custom shntool len format when time was not last
   -fixed bug that caused a crash when verifying md5 checksum file with invalid checksum format

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »
New version works great!

Hey I have run into one possible bug:
 If you try and add a picture (album art) that is over 4 or so MB xACT acts like it is added but when you go back through the files it is not there - also in one case it corrupted the flac files (although for some reason the TAGs where still there - but missing the album art of course).

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline scb

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 07:39:39 PM »
i'll see if i can find any documentation on the max picture size

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 12:26:09 AM »
is there a way to do this from a .txt file, the way liveshowtagger works in foobar..? not sure how to make a .cue file from a txt file...

tia
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline scb

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 09:54:51 AM »
i've never used foobar, so I have no idea what you're asking

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 02:58:34 PM »
I was hoping for a feature that parses the txt file, adding tracknumber, artist, date, song to the flac fileset. also has the ability to add/create other tags like album and comment. the ability to edit/create tags and to add album/cover art automatically (if the proper sized jpg was present in the folder) would be sweet, too.

thx for asking.
-macdaddy ++

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 03:04:29 PM »
I was hoping for a feature that parses the txt file, adding tracknumber, artist, date, song to the flac fileset. also has the ability to add/create other tags like album and comment. the ability to edit/create tags and to add album/cover art automatically (if the proper sized jpg was present in the folder) would be sweet, too.

thx for asking.

There is already a feature 'Load track names from file' located in the File Menu.

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 08:31:40 PM »
never even thought to check the file menu...

I will do that next show I work on...

sorry for the waste of bandwidth.

moved the conversation to a more appropriate thread.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:04:27 PM by macdaddy »
-macdaddy ++

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com