Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bent pins on CK930 caps??  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Bent pins on CK930 caps??
« on: February 05, 2020, 07:37:59 PM »
How did this happen (possibly not answerable) and how can I prevent this? I have never cross threaded them and I generally don't ever remove them from the base.

Noticed the pins on the caps were bent while isolating exactly what was broken with my mics. One side doesn't work (turned out to be the electronics in the base the cap screws into. Will be sending them back to Beyer anyway for repair).

I don't think the bent pins are affecting the performance. Both caps work fine when attached to the base that is still working. So in the end maybe it doesn't matter...but one would still think they should be straight.

The only thing I can think of is that the base with the issue is bending them by having the female part these contact being out of alignment. I don't think both were bent before I swapped them with the opposite caps base.

||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Spreadicated
Re: Bent pins on CK930 caps??
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 03:00:02 PM »
This happened to a friends ck950 caps and was causing a signal issue!!  He didn't even know that the cap was detachable so I'm not sure how his got bent so the caps were never removed. Very strange
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: Bent pins on CK930 caps??
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 03:04:34 PM »
Yeah. I'm not sure how they got bent. I removed them once after I found out they were removable just to do it. It's been years since I removed the caps until they stopped working.

I still need to get around to sending them in for service. Not a lot of open taping opportunities on the horizon where the shows won't 100% covered. I'm kind of enjoying going to shows and just showing up just before the first band goes on. :D
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com