Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: One more Technical Question?? V3>MINIME  (Read 2568 times)

Offline FLDEADHEAD

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Hey Now.!.
One more Technical Question?? V3>MINIME
« on: May 11, 2007, 10:54:42 AM »
Ok, Running V3 (as a preamp only)>MINIME(A/D only) , How do I control the recording volumes and where should the V3 be set and how high the Peaks?
Then where do I set the Mini Me and what controls should I be setting?

Is this like when I ran line in w/ my SBM-1 and opened the A/D all the way??
Do I control from the Pre-amp ( The V3 )

I will be running mic out of the v3 analog into the minime do , Where do I seT the V3 as for the 16/44.1 oR SET IT AT 24/96??? Light off for 24 bit? I control 24/96 on the Minime?
Help?? Thanks

Sheesh I am dumb.... I know alot have already experimented and I  don't record that much to trial and error....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 10:57:51 AM by FLDEADHEAD »
DPA 4022's > Lunatec V3  > Edirol R-44

I like it DFC-FOB ;-)!~
This Send Space is a Nice File Sharing Network.!!

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Re: One more Technical Question?? V3>MINIME
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 06:34:54 AM »
I've never used a MiniMe, so I'll let someone else handle the best way to calibrate the two units.  but I will handle this one:

I will be running mic out of the v3 analog into the minime do , Where do I seT the V3 as for the 16/44.1 oR SET IT AT 24/96??? Light off for 24 bit? I control 24/96 on the Minime?

if you are just running ananlog outs on the V3, the analog output is immediately after the pre-amp stage and before the A/D.  so it doesn't matter at all what A/D settings you have.  44.1kHz or 192 kHz. 16 bit or 24 bit.  it won't change the analog outs at all.  actually, if you are not going to be using the digital output from the V3, you can just turn off the A/D and save a significant amount of battery power.

stirinthesauce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 06:23:30 PM »
question: 

why not drop the v3 from the chain entirely?  Or at least experiment without it in the chain.  You may find you prefer the pre in the mini me over the v3's.  I certainly do.

Offline db

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • i do not have a personal statement
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 12:34:42 PM »
mic level might be too low. ideally you need to send a line level, with knobs in detent position and adjust screws that live beside knobs. try it and see, but once you're using the knobs, i believe the pre kicks in. then you'd be preamplifying 2xs. will give you enough gain, but too noisy.
db

Offline FLDEADHEAD

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Hey Now.!.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 12:24:28 PM »
I've never used a MiniMe, so I'll let someone else handle the best way to calibrate the two units.  but I will handle this one:

Thanks.... I have decided to not go the route of the minime...
Gonna save up for the 722 and then probably sell the V3

;D

if you are just running ananlog outs on the V3, the analog output is immediately after the pre-amp stage and before the A/D.  so it doesn't matter at all what A/D settings you have.  44.1kHz or 192 kHz. 16 bit or 24 bit.  it won't change the analog outs at all.  actually, if you are not going to be using the digital output from the V3, you can just turn off the A/D and save a significant amount of battery power.
DPA 4022's > Lunatec V3  > Edirol R-44

I like it DFC-FOB ;-)!~
This Send Space is a Nice File Sharing Network.!!

Offline gratefulphish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 12:59:47 PM »

Excellent point that I had never really considered.  I guess I will start running the V3 with the A/D off.  Thanks.  +T
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com