Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps capsule storage??  (Read 9221 times)

Offline Big Perm

• Trade Count: (67)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rage, Rest, work a lot, Repeat
Schoeps capsule storage??
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:11:03 PM »
So I have a random question.  I use to keep my Schoeps capsules (mk4v's and mk41's) in a pelican case with the active cables that went to the Nbox. Now that i've sold the Nbox, i was messing around will all my gear and I started thinking about what could i store my capsules in while in my gear bag (pegz-1).  They are in the clear containers already, but I need something else.  SO while i was looking i thought i would throw this out there.
Mics: Schoeps mk4v| mk41v | mk22 | mk8 & mk5 (m/s)
         Schoeps m222> nt222dc (x2)
         Schoeps cmc 1k (x2)
         Schoeps vst62iu (x2)
         Schoeps KCY 250/5 IG (x2) Schoeps KC 5g (x2)
         DPA 4015c
Pre’s: Sonosax SX-M2D2
         Aeta PSP-3
         E.A.A. PSP-2
Recorder: Sonosax sx-r4+, SD702, Sony m10

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Schoeps capsule storage??
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 03:18:45 PM »
There are clear plastic screw top cases that Schoeps makes just for this purpose.  Try and find some used ones.  They have a foam plug in them to fix the cap in place inside the container.  I suppose that an old 35mm film container would work, too.  Just clean out the residue in it well.  If all else fails there s always ZipLoc.
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline Big Perm

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:51:15 PM »
There are clear plastic screw top cases that Schoeps makes just for this purpose.  Try and find some used ones.  They have a foam plug in them to fix the cap in place inside the container.  I suppose that an old 35mm film container would work, too.  Just clean out the residue in it well.  If all else fails there s always ZipLoc.

yes i have those, i just dont like the idea of those floating around in one of the pockets in my bag...i'm wondering what people put those in, or if they just use those and thats enough
a
         Schoeps cmc 1k (x2)
         Schoeps vst62iu (x2)
         DPA 4015c
         Aeta PSP-3
         E.A.A. PSP-2

Offline DMBprez

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Focused
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 03:51:29 PM »
I would use this.

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 04:06:04 PM »

yes i have those, i just dont like the idea of those floating around in one of the pockets in my bag...i'm wondering what people put those in, or if they just use those and thats enough
a

you can go to walmart and in the fishing section they have little plastic boxes which could accomodate the vials. you could always add a little high density foam that can be had for $.99 a sheet at your local hobby store. the alternative is to just buy a tiny pointnshoot padded camera case to carry around the two vials. you can put  a little foam in between the vials so they don''t bang into each other.

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 04:19:58 PM »
I'm probably gonna be in the minority here, but I now have two sets of actives and I keep four out of six of my capsules attached to the active cables.  Oh I suppose one reason is that the less I attach and detach the less chance there is of messing up the threads, but honestly this isn't a real big concern of mine.  The biggest reason is that the capsules/vials are so damn small that I'm afraid if I keep them all separate that one will unwittingly slip out of my bag somehow.  I don't have to worry about that nearly as much when they're attached.  It's also effectively less gear that I have to keep track of every night coming and going.  On the down side, the capsules can tend to get knocked around a little bit more this way, but I've gotten in the habit of making sure I palm the capsule end before I unravel and ravel the actives.  Finally, I don't really like the idea of putting them all in a single plastic carry case...that's a hella big loss if all my capsules get lost or stolen with one act of negligence or thievery. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:23:24 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 04:26:57 PM »
  Finally, I don't really like the idea of putting them all in a single plastic carry case...that's a hella big loss if all my capsules get lost or stolen with one act of negligence or thievery.

I only take the capsules that I am using to the venue for that specific reason. Most of the time the capsules remain on the cables.

Offline Big Perm

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 04:39:05 PM »
That is what i did with my neumann 140's for years, never really had a problem.  I usually end up taking both set of caps because at the moment i am taping at a lot of places i haven't taped before...so still not sure i know 100% what im going to run until i get inside and see the room.

I only take the capsules that I am using to the venue for that specific reason. Most of the time the capsules remain on the cables.
[/quote]
         Schoeps cmc 1k (x2)
         Schoeps vst62iu (x2)
         DPA 4015c
         Aeta PSP-3
         E.A.A. PSP-2

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »
I keep my capsules connected in a pelican box. I do carry omnis with me in the clear capsule holders but I rarely use them. It is so much easier to just put the actives with capsules into the pelican box when the venue staff is rushing you out at the end of the show.

mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline StuStu

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 07:04:41 PM »
I would never have extra capsules in my bag only protected by the clear capsule cases. It's just too easy for them to be lost. If you're going to bring capsules that you may not use, keep them in the Pelican Case you mentioned. The Pelican is much less likely to be accidentally lost.
MK5, MK8, MK41, KM184D, CK77, B3 ---CMD 2U XT, KC5, KCY, AKI---KCY Tinybox, Ugly BB---AETA 4MinX, PMD661 MKII, R-26, M-10, MR-1

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 09:44:30 AM »

I hear you Louie.  I also like taking just what I need, but there are lots of times when I like to take all my caps, like festies and places where I haven’t taped before.  Sure enough, in those situations just because of dumb luck, you’ll want/need the gear that you left behind.

The Pelican is much less likely to be accidentally lost.

Right…believe me I’ve thought about that too.  Like I said before though, my concern is having everything in one place so that if you do lose the Pelican, then the disaster is magnified. 

I'm using a Lowepro Magnum bag that is perfect for the gear that I have.  It has pretty good pocket space, so maybe the way to go would be to dedicate one of the bag pockets to exclusively hold a case for whatever capsules I take with me.  As long as the Pelican is always put back into that pocket and zipped up, there's less chance of losing the whole she-bang or having it stolen.

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 10:30:23 AM »
we use a crown royal bag, and purchased a large rectangular block of foam which had cut-outs for the capsule containers.  we put the capsules into containers, into foam, into plastic bag, into crown royal.  i take all 7 capsules everywhere i go, in case i get a hair to run m/s or double down with a 2nd set of capsules into a 744 etc.

Offline smokydays

• Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 10:12:40 PM »
Does anyone know the part number for the schoeps vials by chance?

EDIT: Schoeps 582 for a MK4 right?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:14:28 PM by smokydays »
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."
-- About To Rage, Gov't Mule

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 11:27:33 AM »
http://www.reddingaudio.com/schoeps/Schoeps%20Parts%206-8-10%20PL_U11-10.pdf

Short Vial ->SCH582
Tall Vial ->SCH376

Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline smokydays

• Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »
http://www.reddingaudio.com/schoeps/Schoeps%20Parts%206-8-10%20PL_U11-10.pdf

Short Vial ->SCH582
Tall Vial ->SCH376

Thank you,
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."
-- About To Rage, Gov't Mule

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com