Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Small Phantom power

(1/3) > >>

nicegrin:
Hey!

I've been using a Danecke PS-2 with mini output for phantom power but would like to find anything smaller/less obtrusive. Any options?

Gutbucket:
A second hand Naiant Tinybox configured for phantom.

Was going to say Danecke PS-2!  But Tinybox is much tinier, if you can find one.

nicegrin:

--- Quote from: Gutbucket on December 28, 2023, 05:16:50 PM ---A second hand Naiant Tinybox configured for phantom.

Was going to say Danecke PS-2!  But Tinybox is much tinier, if you can find one.

--- End quote ---

Had 2 Tinyboxes. Both of them now with dead batteries and with the lack of support from Naiant I was hoping a new solution would have emerged last 10 years but seems like there is not much new if anything to consider? :/

vanark:
Doesn't the Zoom F3 have phantom power. Are you looking for something you can use low profile? If so, how low profile? What kind of rig are we talking about here?

voltronic:

--- Quote from: vanark on December 29, 2023, 08:24:45 AM ---Doesn't the Zoom F3 have phantom power. Are you looking for something you can use low profile? If so, how low profile? What kind of rig are we talking about here?

--- End quote ---

I second this recommendation. The F3 is overall a bit smaller than the PS-2, which only gives you power and then you need a separate device for your recorder. You will need to power the F3 from an external USB power bank for longer concerts, however.

Denecke PS-2
1.25 x 3.0 x 4.0" (31.75 x 76.2 x 101.6mm)

Zoom F3
3 x 1.9 x 3" / 75 x 47.8 x 77.3 mm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version