Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Will these set off a wand/metal detector?  (Read 12488 times)

Offline live2cd

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Facebook.
Re: Will these set off a wand/metal detector?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 04:14:37 PM »
I'm not used to reading taper dick measuring contests on here without furburger being involved.   :lol:
DPA 4060 [CS HEB] > CS BB
CA-14 (c) > CA 9200
CA-14 (o) > CA 9200
SP-CMC-8 Cardioids (4.7k mod) > SP-SPSB-11
pri deck: Sony PCM M10 | alt decks: TASCAM DR‑2D & Sony PCM A10

Offline hoserama

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 06:14:47 PM »
Your reading and comprehension is way off. Not once did I say he didn't know what he was talking about, I did say it's not 2007 anymore. My comment about security was in DIRECT response to the original question posted in this thread concerning wands and security. Maybe you should stop thinking about dicks long enough to brush up on your reading?

If you say so...

Sure. LOL. This is a different world we live in. A lot different than 2007. No offense, but your story and 50 cents wouldn't even buy you a cup of coffee these days. I've actually been taping longer than that and I have only been caught once and never caught while already inside. My comment above is more than accurate for today's social climate.

I dunno, to me that sounds like you were commenting that Galen had no idea what he was talking about, and you, the long time expert that's been taping longer than 2007, knew far more.

But sure, maybe my reading comprehension is lacking and any perceived arrogance is total in my head.

And of course, the comments about measuring dicks surely is exactly what it appears, a serious comment about the length and girth of packages. Not a comment about ego.

Anyways, if you say you weren't going after Galen, I'll accept it and move on. I don't see this line of discussion going anywhere, and we've gotten pretty off-topic.

Maybe furburger can come in and set us all straight.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 06:23:35 PM by hoserama »
Audio: Countryman B3 + AT853(hypers/cards/subcards) + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline Galen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Collective Unconscious.org
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2019, 08:12:22 PM »
So, the OP PM'd me and we had a couple of exchanges, just to get this back on topic. There are methods. I mean, you could put stuff in your shoe, break it apart all across locations. Or, pretend you are a journalist. Or, sneak in through the gift shop.

Appreciate Hoserama sharing his perception of this particular exchange (a paradigm that I subscribe to as well). PiedPiper, yes, I was throwing in sarcasm but I also think it can be hard to convey truly one's true intent online at times. So, we are all friends and have much more in common than things apart. Let's roll with that.

Say what you will about furburger, obviously I see how folks may find him somewhat offensive at times but dude is a crazy good taper. He is, in some circles, a taping legend. Nice guy, in reality. That said, I have yet to see anyone on this thread's dick and I am ok with that.
Sony PCM-M1 
Sony TCD-100
Sony TCD-D8
Nakamichi CM-300
DPA 4061
Wires & Waves
Invested Enigmatic Matriculation

Offline hoserama

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2019, 08:23:09 PM »
Say what you will about furburger, obviously I see how folks may find him somewhat offensive at times but dude is a crazy good taper.

I might break with you on this one...I'll certainly agree with the crazy part of the sentence
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2019, 10:36:56 PM »
I'm going to have to disagree with the comment that security measures at the door are much tighter now than they've ever been. Lately, the venues I go to have a walk-thru detector and when that goes off a wanding. That security procedure is easier to get my DPA4023s>Sony D-10 thru than any procedure involving a patdown would be. I'll answer any questions regarding this opinion over PMs because all this talk isn't supposed to be posted.

Offline mpmks

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 11:47:45 PM »
... I'm sure you've pulled some sweet recordings with your Zoom F1 and SPSC but, uh, I'd dig seeing your list of accomplishments since you seem like you really know your stuff and come across as an exceptionally well-informed taper.

I catch your sarcasm.  If you think that the Zoom is the only recorder I have used for the last 30 years (especially since it's only been in production for a year or so) you're sadly mistaken. You also assume that I only use the one source, but I usually carry three sources and have for the majority of the last 15-20 years.  The point I was making (before you and your buddy tried to make this about "measuring dicks", to use his term) was that security is an issue more now than ever. It takes more than just simple tricks like "keys and loose change in your pockets" and stuff that the original poster was claiming he would do. I have my own methods and it's worked just fine for me. So you can put away your measuring stick.

You basically said Galen didn't know what he was talking about. He knows enough to do well for himself. As do most people on this thread. I think everybody is aware of the obvious point that security in 2019 is more of a challenge than 10+ years ago. Unfortunately I know too many tapers that are throwing in the towel because they're scared of the security challenge, which is their choice. So if you've got a method that works for you, great and godspeed.

Plus I already know my package is bigger than yours  :lol:

i think you leave out one other issue on tapers who have been doing it for a long time and now face added security hoops.
after 41 years of only stealthing i am tired of new hoops to jump thru
i went to shows for decades and gave little thought to getting gear in i just knew i would
now i think about it and i don't want to have to think about it

i know i can get gear into any show any venue any artist but it involves work that i really have little to no interest in investing in at this point except on certain nights
walk thru and wands at clubs was a real shock to me as i understood and accepted large venues security
so i have left the gear home at some shows and find it surprising how little i miss it or the recording

i still record and seems i will till i die but i am tired of thinking about it as i walk to the door

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2019, 01:42:30 AM »
Say what you will about furburger, obviously I see how folks may find him somewhat offensive at times but dude is a crazy good taper.

I might break with you on this one...I'll certainly agree with the crazy part of the sentence

Its quantity AND quality that matters.   Not impressed by quantity.

Offline Galen

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2019, 11:38:37 AM »
OK so that was strange. That PiedPiper dude sent me this angry/thin-skinned PM but when I tried to reply it's like he's gone. He deleted all of his interactions here. Weird stuff.
Sony PCM-M1 
Sony TCD-100
Sony TCD-D8
Nakamichi CM-300
DPA 4061
Wires & Waves

Offline hoserama

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2019, 12:31:30 PM »
That's one way to walk away.

Online goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2019, 04:23:55 PM »
OK so that was strange. That PiedPiper dude sent me this angry/thin-skinned PM but when I tried to reply it's like he's gone. He deleted all of his interactions here. Weird stuff.

Pretty sure that guy keeps deleting his profile when things don't go his way or someone challenges his statements on just about any level and comes back a few months later as someone else.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Online aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2019, 05:31:54 PM »
^ Yeah, he was "obsidian" before he was "ThePiedPiper". Who knows before that. He started several threads which he deleted when people posted things that weren't to his liking. He'll most likely be back with another screen name in the near future...

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • 😈
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2019, 06:20:49 PM »
I'm going to have to disagree with the comment that security measures at the door are much tighter now than they've ever been. Lately, the venues I go to have a walk-thru detector and when that goes off a wanding. That security procedure is easier to get my DPA4023s>Sony D-10 thru than any procedure involving a patdown would be. I'll answer any questions regarding this opinion over PMs because all this talk isn't supposed to be posted.

Interesting point, pat downs sucked. I also am happy to answer 😈 questions via PM.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline youngsbest

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2019, 12:26:37 PM »
I had my first unexpected brush with detectors at a London venue recently.  There was an arch & wands.  The arch went off, then so did the wand.  But the 'security' said 'Oh, you're wearing a belt, right?and let me through.  I was going to the second night of the tour at the same venue, so thought up some possible excuses and also came up with what I thought was a clever way to hide the gear.  But when I got to the venue, I saw that there were five entrance doors, four of which had detectors, the fifth didn't so I walked through that.  'Do you have a bag?'. 'No'. 'OK'.  But I would appreciate a PM if someone would like to share some tips for me. Thanks

Offline Galen

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2019, 04:39:33 PM »
Oh! Obsidian? I remember that guy. Yeah, ok, matches the same modus of operandi. That PM he sent me - it was odd. Like, he was really really pissed and hurt and he attributed things to me that I never said or did and attempted to blame me for his own actions. People that do not accept responsibility for their own actions are always... interesting at best online. In real life, gotta cut them out.

^ Yeah, he was "obsidian" before he was "ThePiedPiper". Who knows before that. He started several threads which he deleted when people posted things that weren't to his liking. He'll most likely be back with another screen name in the near future...
Sony PCM-M1 
Sony TCD-100
Sony TCD-D8
Nakamichi CM-300
DPA 4061
Wires & Waves

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2019, 04:15:49 PM »

Interesting point, pat downs sucked. I also am happy to answer 😈 questions via PM.

You're an old dude, Marc.  Might even have a replaced knee  >:D.
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.118 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com