Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Burning multiple mpg files to DVD  (Read 1373 times)

Offline BobbyHurley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • got a blank space where my mind should be
Burning multiple mpg files to DVD
« on: January 20, 2009, 05:33:37 PM »
So, I've got several episodes of a show in .avi format. I use WinAVI to convert to mpeg and then burn to DVD. I'd like to burn them all onto 1 DVD as they total less than 4.3gb.

Question: can I just load up the .avi converted files, one after the other in the Video_TS folder in Nero and burn? Or do I create a sub-folder within the Video_TS folder for each episode?

Thanks.
AKG C 480 B (CK61 and CK63) > Oade m248 > GAK cable > Sony M-10

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Burning multiple mpg files to DVD
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:40:02 AM »
A DVD can only have 1 VIDEO_TS folder and has to have a specific file sturcture in that folder to work.  If there is anything else besides those files in the VIDEO_TS folder it won't work. 

For what you're doing I'd suggest DVD Flick.  It's free and converts mulitple formats to a compliant DVD.  All you have to do is point to the files and tell it to start. 

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Burning multiple mpg files to DVD
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 09:41:33 AM »
You will have to load the .MPG files into a program that creates a DVD format with the Video_TS folder.  A DVD creation program will take the .MPG files and create a .IFO and .BAT file to tell the DVD player how to play them, order, information from the .MPG files, etc.  Here is an extensive list of programs to author a DVD with .MPG files provided they are in the correct format for DVD, if not you will have to go back and reencode them to the correct specs.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/authoring-dvd
FOR SALE - Check HERE

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com