Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Samplitude dropouts - don't know where to start  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Carrera2

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
Samplitude dropouts - don't know where to start
« on: July 19, 2009, 09:14:37 PM »

Recorded a show last night at 96/24. Glued the two original files together in Samplitude Master 10.21. Tried exporting and bouncing the VIP to a wav file at 44/16. The new file is created, but every 10 seconds or so, there are short dropouts. Google didn't help me with this one. Anyone have an idea where to start?

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Samplitude dropouts - don't know where to start
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 09:31:48 PM »
Just a few off the top of my head: background service running, not enough memory, processor too slow, hard-disk write cacheing enabled/disabled when it should be the other option

Probably none of the above. I've never encountered such a problem so don't really have a good place to start to find out what the cause is.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 09:33:46 PM by flipp »

Offline Carrera2

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 09:38:46 PM »
I'll look into those, thanks. I did get the conversion completed adequately with Audacity, but wanted to get it done in Samp!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 01:43:53 AM by Carrera2 »

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 10:12:42 PM »
Demo software that's crippled - by dropouts in this instance, though I thought SAM used beeps instead - to prevent unlicensed use?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline Carrera2

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 10:50:21 PM »
Demo software that's crippled - by dropouts in this instance, though I thought SAM used beeps instead - to prevent unlicensed use?

I paid full freight and registered on the Samp site.

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 12:26:46 AM »
It seems a strange problem, maybe confined to your system.  I'd go down the list of hardware and software glitches posted above.  Check for trojans, spybots, etc.  Make sure your drive is defragged.  As you are a registered used you can write Magix for help and use their support forums.  My horseback guess: it is not the software.  It is a cockpit error - you.  Let's face it, Magix would not be in business long if their software was filing like this.  I am not sure why you went to Google for help.  That's about the last place I would go.  Good luck.
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline Carrera2

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 02:11:55 AM »
I think I got it. Ozone 4 is running in demo mode as a plug-in (because my key is elsewhere), although the plug-in has not been inserted into any signal path. Check this out from the iZotope website:

Trial Limitations
In Trial mode, Ozone 4 will work without restriction for 10 days. After 10 days, Ozone 4 will operate in Demo Mode, and will insert silence at regular intervals.

I assumed that plugins didn't have effect unless invoked.

Twenty minutes later:

Apparently they do.

I renamed the Ozone 4 VST .dll files, restarted Samplitude and tried bouncing the tracks again. The resampling and dithering proceeded just fine and there are no gaps.

Mystery solved.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 12:58:01 PM by Carrera2 »

Offline boojum

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 12:32:03 PM »
Glad to hear it.  SAM is a pretty solid product so it was likely the problem was somewhere else.  Now you can go on to create those stellar mixes.   8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline Carrera2

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 12:56:27 PM »

I am not sure why you went to Google for help.  That's about the last place I would go.

I have read many replies on this board that ask "did you try Google, your friend, before posting your question here?" So I thought I would try to head off some criticism about doing some of my own homework before asking here on the board.

dorrcoq

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 01:26:07 PM »

I am not sure why you went to Google for help.  That's about the last place I would go.

I have read many replies on this board that ask "did you try Google, your friend, before posting your question here?" So I thought I would try to head off some criticism about doing some of my own homework before asking here on the board.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't ;D

Offline boojum

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 01:23:27 AM »

Google is good for general info, but foe specific, software specific info, the manufacturer is the first place I go, then the user support groups.  Then maybe to a board like this, last.  The first two will be knowleadgeable.  The last might be. 
Nov schmoz kapop.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com