Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: (Noob Content) I am a littile confused  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: (Noob Content) I am a littile confused
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 03:57:05 AM »
Do you know anyone local to you who tapes? If so ask them questions, go to shows with them, see whatall is involved in getting a good recording.
Definitely the hardest-learned (and sadly, most-often learned) rule I've found in this hobby is "you get what you pay for" and the corollary, which is don't buy something you don't think is worth a damn when you buy it.  Get good quality items you can build on.

Two, among many, excellent pieces of advice.  Regarding the latter, I interned in a studio when I was a young'un and the manager had the mantra, "Buy nice or buy twice", which stuck with me.  In other words, it's worth it to save your money and spend extra on good pieces of gear rather than take the path of least resistance and buy something of dubious quality "now".

As for the former, it's obvious just from this forum that the taper community is pretty friendly and very willing to help out.  By all means, make contact with tapers in your area, go to shows with them, help them set up and record, get your hands and ears dirty with the craft and break down at the end of the night.  You'll learn much more in the field than you ever will just conversing on these boards. :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com