Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need External Mic (HELP)  (Read 3163 times)

Offline TripKore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Need External Mic (HELP)
« on: February 03, 2011, 12:14:37 AM »
Hey guys...

Need a new external mic for my Canon Vixia HF10. It does not need the best, ive seen people use cheap 40-60$ mics and quality is decent/good.
I would like to help and finding one for my cam on www.amazon.com as I just got a giftcard and would love to get a new mic.

Thanks, anything is helpful or what to look for, or direct links will be great full.

Take Care

www.xplicitbootlegs.com aka my dvd trading site
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:44:45 AM by TripKore »

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Need External Mic (HELP)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 12:28:17 AM »
Hey guys...

Need a new external mic for my Canon Vixia HF10. It does not need the best, ive seen people use cheap 40-60$ mics and quality is decent/good.
I would like to help and finding one for my cam on www.amazon.com as I just got a giftcard and would love to get a new mic.

Thanks, anything is helpful or what to look for, or direct links will be great full.

Take Care

www.xplicitbootlegs.com

With your URL you might not get to much response. Nobody likes the word Bootleg around here. I am sure you dont "SELL" your recordings right?
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline TripKore

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 12:40:39 AM »
been trading bootlegs for over 10 years, bootleg doesnt have to refer to "selling". but if people here takes it like that then nevermind.

Offline TripKore

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 03:06:48 PM »
?

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 03:11:49 PM »
This may shed some light on distaste for "bootleggers" terminology.

What's your budget?

You may receive limited responses as there a limited number of TSers doing audio + video.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline TripKore

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 03:40:23 PM »
Thats a nice thread, seen them a few times over the years.. only that term is used many different ways over the years. And since people have been audio taping or video recording, that still use the word "bootlegs" in their lists, lists, info, masters etc for over 20 years. It's not something that can be change. People will still call their stuff bootlegs (unauthorized recording meterial) even if its trading, selling, filming, taping etc. So lets be grown ups and get over the childish terms.

Budget is under 100$ on amazon.com. As I got a gift card and i would like to buy a mic for my cam. I never needed too as I've always ran with Panasonic cams and had no need for external mics. This Canon does need one. If no one wants to help because I've used to the word "bootleg" in my domain name. Thats fine. I'll move on.

But being an active filmer for 10years now, and filmed over 200 high end concerts that people enjoy to watch and trade. It would be cool to keep giving them amazing audio to go with. So any help would be great.

Thanks

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
Thats a nice thread, seen them a few times over the years.. only that term is used many different ways over the years. And since people have been audio taping or video recording, that still use the word "bootlegs" in their lists, lists, info, masters etc for over 20 years. It's not something that can be change. People will still call their stuff bootlegs (unauthorized recording meterial) even if its trading, selling, filming, taping etc. So lets be grown ups and get over the childish terms.

Budget is under 100$ on amazon.com. As I got a gift card and i would like to buy a mic for my cam. I never needed too as I've always ran with Panasonic cams and had no need for external mics. This Canon does need one. If no one wants to help because I've used to the word "bootleg" in my domain name. Thats fine. I'll move on.

But being an active filmer for 10years now, and filmed over 200 high end concerts that people enjoy to watch and trade. It would be cool to keep giving them amazing audio to go with. So any help would be great.

Thanks

Not to be a snob.. But this is the place where the REAL tapers hang out and WE don't use that term EVER. I think its childish to use a word that does not do justice to what the people here are engaged in. I would say Taper or Archiver. But never  bootlegger. Sorry I guess I am a child ;) Anyway I make some nice mics that will cost you a few dollars more than you want to spend or you can look in the yardsale area here and you might find something in your budget or below it.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 05:04:26 PM »

Thanks

Move along bootlegger you don't see anything here (in my best obi one knobi jedi mind trick voise) >:D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:06:10 PM by OtheroneK »
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline TripKore

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 05:27:36 PM »

Thanks

Not to be a snob.. But this is the place where the REAL tapers hang out and WE don't use that term EVER. I think its childish to use a word that does not do justice to what the people here are engaged in. I would say Taper or Archiver. But never  bootlegger. Sorry I guess I am a child ;) Anyway I make some nice mics that will cost you a few dollars more than you want to spend or you can look in the yardsale area here and you might find something in your budget or below it.

Chris
I did check yard sale... but as i asked for opinions of decent mics under 100$ as i dont know which ones to buy from yard sale that will do my cam justice. And my second point of my questions was suggesting something on amazon as i just received a nice giftcard over there and would like to spend it wisely for my next show to film.

But if no one has any input then ill just continue to lurk.

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 06:26:37 PM »
So lets be grown ups and get over the childish terms.

Not a good start buddy.

If no one wants to help because I've used to the word "bootleg" in my domain name. Thats fine. I'll move on.

So long!

Offline TripKore

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
So lets be grown ups and get over the childish terms.

Not a good start buddy.

If no one wants to help because I've used to the word "bootleg" in my domain name. Thats fine. I'll move on.

So long!
Some people tend to forget all the best recordings from today and previous years "are" from bootleggers =)
But i just picked up a Sennheiser MKE 400. Thanks for the PM guy =)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com