Gear / Technical Help > Cables

HOSA ODL-312 ac to dc power cable hack

(1/16) > >>

F.O.Bean:
ssia, ill take some pix as soon as i can, this mod is SOOO easy, its scary!!!

plus for ppl looking to see what the deal is, cause i think theres gonna be a decent influx of ppl running jb3's outta their normal outboard gear, FWIW

thanks to john r and skalinder for the help, it was cake easy ;)

bean

F.O.Bean:
anybody else that uses this(skalinder, john r), you cats notice any power cutouts w/out duct taping everything together???

i noticed huge dropouts of power when i just moved my batt or something around,but since ive done the duct tape around all of the connections, its golden, i picked up my whole bookbag and put it on my back w/ headphones, no cutouts at all, just needed some sturdying,and a piece of duct tape over the cheezy rat shack plastic connectors;-)

any similar experiences???

caymanreview:
use shrink wrap instead of duct tape maybe? electrical tape at least?!?!?!

F.O.Bean:

--- Quote from: caymanreview on February 21, 2004, 07:45:03 AM ---use shrink wrap instead of duct tape maybe? electrical tape at least?!?!?!

--- End quote ---

thats all i had,plus, its not actually touching the connections,i was just gonna shrink wrap around all the duct tape i put on!!!

can i join team duct tape maphia??? :D

Brian Skalinder:
If you're getting power drops from moving the battery or cable a bit, something's wrong.  Re-do your connections - they should be solid even if you're moving stuff around, duct tape or no.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version