Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sonosax SX-M2D2 Coming...  (Read 58203 times)

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
Re: Sonosax SX-M2D2 Coming...
« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2022, 01:42:17 PM »
I've seen a few Phish sources pop up using the M2D2 into SD Mixpre 6/10 recorders. Not being familiar with the SD units, are they going analog in to the recorders or are these capable of sending a digital signal via USB?

M2D2 is capable of sending audio over usb. I record on to an iphone7 but i dont think the mixpres can accept usb audio
Is the co-ax signal you have been giving me to use with the 680 digi in, analog or digital out from the Sax?

edit to address Gutbucket's comment (or my poor word choice!): Changed the wording from spdif out, to coax signal.

and now, it is obvious the answer to the audball question is: digi out via co-ax/spdif AND USB, but the mix pre's may not take USB in (or do they is the next question from a guy who doesn't use a mix-pre device?)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:54:20 PM by rocksuitcase »
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "and the rowers keep on rowing!"
Re: Sonosax SX-M2D2 Coming...
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2022, 02:23:06 PM »
^ SDPIF is always digital. 

OT, but FYI the coax dig-in on the 680 can be used for two purposes:
1) recording a 1 or 2 channel SPDIF (coax/electrical) or AES/EBU format digital source.
2) sinc'ing clock of the 680 to another clock source without actually recording the signal.

1 also does 2. 
2 does not require 1.

Most tapers will be familiar with 1 from using external preamps that have a digital output.  I used to do the second when running both DR-680 and R-44 simultaneously so both machines would share the same clock (that of the R-44) and thus eliminate drift, even though the two recorders shared no recorded tracks in common.  That way, using tracks from both machines in the same mix afterwards only required initial time-alignment between those made on one recorder verses the other, without any subsequent drift over a long recording that would ordinarily require time-stretching to correct.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 24 queries.
© 2002-2022 Taperssection.com