Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Who repairs Nakamichi cassette decks nowadays?  (Read 36918 times)

Offline rigpimp

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Jarts don't kill people!
Re: Who repairs Nakamichi cassette decks nowadays?
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2022, 07:24:46 PM »
Resurrecting this old thread to keep the subject title current. I'm looking for a Nakamichi repair facility/individual here in Canada. Most of the guys still doing this work south of the border don't wish to take on international jobs. My RX-202 coming out of deep hibernation is in need of some TLC. Any thoughts, suggestions?

I'd subscribe to TapeOp or the NakTalk mailing list and pose your question there.  You may find someone in the Great White North willing to help.
Mics: Schoeps MK5 G MP, Schoeps CCM 4 Lg MP, Schoeps MK8 MP, nBob cables > PFA, KCY 250/5 > PFA
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Naiant Tinybox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Sony PCM-A10
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Creek OBH-11 > Sennheiser HD800
http://archive.org/bookmarks/kskreider
https://archive.org/details/thespps

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (3)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2022, 10:37:33 AM »
Resurrecting this old thread to keep the subject title current. I'm looking for a Nakamichi repair facility/individual here in Canada. Most of the guys still doing this work south of the border don't wish to take on international jobs. My RX-202 coming out of deep hibernation is in need of some TLC. Any thoughts, suggestions?

I'd subscribe to TapeOp or the NakTalk mailing list and pose your question there.  You may find someone in the Great White North willing to help.
There is also tapeheads.net. although they require a certain amount of posts before you can buy or sell. There are some repair threads but I have yet to notice specifically a Canadian tech on that site.
Good luck.
BTW- Whereabouts in Canada, east, west ?
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2022, 07:58:00 PM »

If there is a taper in the US you know you can ship to them and let them ship to the shop.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2022 Taperssection.com