Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cassette Transfer: USB vs RCA  (Read 6293 times)

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
Re: Cassette Transfer: USB vs RCA
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2022, 10:01:09 PM »
Funny, since 2020 I joined tapeheads.net and have had all five of my Nak's refurbished. (2 480's, and 2 LX-5's and one 680ZX) Also obtained a 582Z for a friend and decided to buy someone on this board's AD2k and now use it between whichever Nak I think sounds best. (Agree with groundhog420 here, different masters sound :best" from different decks).
And, since the AD2k has digital output, I am going into a PMD 661 digit in for the bit bucketing. I also use 24/48 unless it is for someone who requests I take it off at 24/96. My reason is storage size having close to 11 TB of files now.
Hi there - Yep, I know I'm replying in an old thread - but, the topic seems appropriate, so why not?
I actually saw this thread a while back, but 2020 and 2021 had me scrambling enough as it were, so message boards were kind of a low priority for me at that time, and I missed a lot of conversation, I reckon. Was searching for something completely unrelated today, and this popped up, so I figured, what the heck?

Personally, I've been using this method:

1) cassette deck > Edirol R-09, via RCA
2) Edirol R-09 > PC, via USB

It sounds like this might be similar to the Monoprice or Tascam Dr-680 methods mentioned earlier.
I'm not familiar with those units, but it also seems like it would be about the same with just about any digital recorder, perhaps?
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.401 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com