Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 3.5mm splitter cable?  (Read 4278 times)

Offline Fredman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
3.5mm splitter cable?
« on: May 09, 2021, 05:00:07 PM »
Long time reader, first time poster!

So my rig is Church CA14 > UBB > M10.  I just picked up a PCM A10 and am thinking about how to run both decks (hah!) off the same mic source.

Am I asking for trouble getting a 3.5mm splitter (F > 2xM) to connect to inputs on the M10 and the A10 at the same time?

Or should I just go the old M10 (out) > A10 (In) with a double male 3.5mm cable?

Back in the day, running my D5 and Naks, we just used the RCA out/in jacks to daisy chain multiple decks.

Pros, cons of each?

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: 3.5mm splitter cable?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 11:28:47 PM »
Welcome to the world of posting and participating. Please do not be offended by my answer, it's nice to have you onboard.

Let me paraphrase your question:

I have a nice solid recording setup and have purchased an additional recorder. What i's like to do is either of the following:
a. Split my signal and get a probably slightly or greater than slightly degraded nearly identical signal into 2 decks, or
b. Output my recording into my second deck and get an mostly similar or identical but maybe slightly degraded 2nd recording.

I'd pick b. I guess, but really I'd invest in another set of mics, perhaps something different and/or a different pattern, and an additional battery box or preamp and make 2 different recordings each outing and see which I like more. (or maybe they are both so good, I cannot decide)

That is my 2 cents, welcome!
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 01:21:08 PM »
Get a battery box with two sets of outputs? Buffered split?
Experiment with M10 first or A10 first on the chain, for rock & roll you might not even tell a difference.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline Fredman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 07:38:30 PM »
Welcome to the world of posting and participating. Please do not be offended by my answer, it's nice to have you onboard.

Let me paraphrase your question:

I have a nice solid recording setup and have purchased an additional recorder. What i's like to do is either of the following:
a. Split my signal and get a probably slightly or greater than slightly degraded nearly identical signal into 2 decks, or
b. Output my recording into my second deck and get an mostly similar or identical but maybe slightly degraded 2nd recording.

I'd pick b. I guess, but really I'd invest in another set of mics, perhaps something different and/or a different pattern, and an additional battery box or preamp and make 2 different recordings each outing and see which I like more. (or maybe they are both so good, I cannot decide)

That is my 2 cents, welcome!

I've actually got the CA14 omnis as well, but only have the one battery box.  Trivial to get another BB and run both sets of mics!

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 10:52:11 PM »
if youre up for some fun you can build your own battery box and have a control to compare it to  >:D
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline neutrino

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 04:16:44 AM »
This ^ Very simple circuit.
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com