Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need an Editor for Mac that can handle 32 bit?  (Read 1876 times)

Offline GLouie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Need an Editor for Mac that can handle 32 bit?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2022, 12:22:39 PM »
I am not sure of your workflow, nor familiar with SWS or xenakios, so this may not be relevent.

I suspect people (mainly MixPre users) use Waveagent to split their polywav because they don't know about Reaper's explode item, or aren't using Reaper. Also, Waveagent does not work with 32bit-float. I work 24 bit, and do both methods, but Reaper's explode item is quick and easy. It also appears to duplicate the audio data for each exploded track of the polywav, and in the case of Mac, seems to throw the files into my Documents folder. I move them to the root Reaper folder of my project, so everything is together when I copy the folder for archiving or working from another machine.

Once exploded, all of the polywav tracks are separate (subtracks?) and I mix like any multitrack project. If I recorded L/R mix in the polywav (1-2), I just mute or delete them as I usually don't need them in a remix.

Offline checht

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Old and in the Way
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2022, 01:18:39 PM »
Thanks!

My big takeaway is that maybe I don't have to make stereo tracks after all; I'm just used to them.

Explode, edit, mix, master may be the workflow to go with.
Schoeps MK41s > nbob KCY >
Naiant PFA 60v > Sound Devices MP-6II -OR- Naiant IPA > Sony PCM-A10
Vanguard V1s matched pair
Recordings at LMA

Offline GLouie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2022, 03:01:18 PM »
For the stuff I do on my MixPre10s, I don't bother to combine stereo tracks after exploding, I just pan them hard L/R and use Reaper's track grouping for that pair, and I only group volume, mute and solo. One reason to make it 1 stereo track would be to make it easier to do an automation envelope - half the work as doing 2 separate tracks.

Also, on my stuff, I just prefer to edit the stereo mixdown.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2022 Taperssection.com