Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Need an Editor for Mac that can handle 32 bit?

<< < (2/5) > >>

DavidPuddy:
I use Audacity, Izotope and Reaper for pretty much every show, unless it's only a two track recording. Then I cut out Audacity.

Flynn:
izotope looks like a rabbit hole..

what part of izotope do you use most?

voltronic:
iZotope RX and Reaper are my two post apps that are used for every concert. RX is used for global level change / normalization, spectral denoise for reducing steady-state noise, and spectral repair or click removal for removing periodic noises. Note that you need to purchase the Standard version to get Spectral Denoise and Spectral repair, but it's well worth it.

I export a fresh set of processed files from RX, and then import to Reaper for all other editing.

justme:
The Fairlight audio module in Davinci Resolve handles 32-bit audio incl 32-bit float.
It’s free as well.

voltronic:

--- Quote from: justme on July 15, 2021, 03:41:50 AM ---The Fairlight audio module in Davinci Resolve handles 32-bit audio incl 32-bit float.
It’s free as well.

--- End quote ---

DaVinci Resolve is an all-around amazing video editing app. That's what I use. The Fairlight module is cool, but I find a bit cumbersome compared to a dedicated DAW once you have more than a few tracks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version