Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TA4M > TA4F (i think) Amazon Cable Shopping Advice Needed  (Read 1739 times)

Offline wehideandseek

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • richard from flagstaff
    • No Mas Muertes
TA4M > TA4F (i think) Amazon Cable Shopping Advice Needed
« on: May 29, 2023, 06:07:43 PM »
Hey Now Y'all!
A decade ago i bought a pair of MBHO MBP 603A Hypers & want to ensure i have a pair of backup mini-xlrs (improper nomenclature?) for them.
My sis has some extra Amazon $ for a birthday gift so unfortunately i will just be looking for Bezos-sourced cables at this time.

Mainly use these mics for stealth applications so a shorter length (5' > 6') is preferred. Do these look like they'd match?
https://www.amazon.com/SZRMCC-Female-Extension-Headsets-Microphones/dp/B0868MT9BL/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=4+pin+mini+xlr+mic&qid=1685395662&sr=8-15

https://www.amazon.com/HangTon-Microphone-Extension-Body-Pack-Transmitter/dp/B0B2V8H57R/ref=sr_1_10?crid=ZXBB09G8Q6ML&keywords=SZRMCC%2BTA4m&qid=1685396174&s=electronics&sprefix=szrmcc%2Bta4m%2Celectronics%2C147&sr=1-10&th=1

Also looking to get a new pair of Etymotic earphones for monitoring recordings in loud environments as well as upgrade my earplugs; Consensus for best models?
And i need to replace my DPA UA0896 windscreens; any suggestions? Looking at Movo WS-G30 Furry Rigid Windscreen 18-23mm / 2" https://www.amazon.com/Movo-WS-G30-Windscreen-Microphones-Diameter/dp/B01J6HRZL4?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 06:22:56 PM by wehideandseek »
"Situation gets rough, then i start to panic..."

Online goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: TA4M > TA4F (i think) Amazon Cable Shopping Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 08:36:19 AM »

Those cables you linked from Amazon will do the trick but they seem a little expensive. Those Rean branded connectors aren't cheap though, they are very nice connectors that should last quite a while.

Unsolicited comment - if you are using these for stealth and are running the bodies look at getting a pair of PFAs from Naiant. You take the bodies (preamplifiers) out of the equation, shrink the setup and take a pair of cables/connections out of the path. No change in sound quality either. That's the only way I ran my HOs.

The nomenclature is as it appears in the ad you linked - TA4M for the male connector (with pins)  and TA4F for the female side (with pin receptacles).
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline wehideandseek

• Taperssection Regular
  • richard from flagstaff
    • No Mas Muertes
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 09:34:58 PM »
+T goodcooker & thank you!  Yeah, i've been saving up $ for an active situation for a while. Just need to find time to part w/ the mics for a bit...
Or am i misunderstanding the process: don't i have to ship entire mic capsule & body to Naiant?

Online goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 08:10:56 AM »
+T goodcooker & thank you!  Yeah, i've been saving up $ for an active situation for a while. Just need to find time to part w/ the mics for a bit...
Or am i misunderstanding the process: don't i have to ship entire mic capsule & body to Naiant?

No shipping necessary. The PFA comes with a XLR for the output side and a mini xlr that plugs into the capsule adapter (or extension cable if the PFAs are short) on the mic side.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline wehideandseek

• Taperssection Regular
  • richard from flagstaff
    • No Mas Muertes
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 10:45:37 AM »
Thanks man! Jon Naiant must do pretty damn good work.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com