Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DR680mk1 RTC  (Read 1019 times)

Offline GLouie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
DR680mk1 RTC
« on: March 14, 2022, 12:56:55 AM »
Does anyone know how long the Tascam DR680 time-date clock will retain its setting, with no AA batts or AC adapter? Or if it needs to be on or off with the AC adapter to charge the RTC battery? Or if AA batts will help?

Since getting my MixPre, I put the DR680 in the closet and removed the Eneloops; the clock reset after about a year, I think - I didn't check it at all. If I knew that plugging it into the AC every 6 months or somesuch could preserve the clock, I might do that.

I also have a mkII at work, any info on that would also be good. I'm still ticked that they used different DC plugs, tho.

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: DR680mk1 RTC
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 09:19:12 PM »
I've learned recently that around the 10 year mark the lithium battery soldered to the main board in flash recorders can die. It happened to my 13 year old PMD-661. To me it's not worth the time or cost to fix it. The clock resets every time the deck is shut off, regardless of power supply. Now I just include a time/date setting step in my routine whenever I run that deck (rarely last couple years).
AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com