Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: TASCAM vs Sony  (Read 3652 times)

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: TASCAM vs Sony
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2022, 09:51:59 AM »
I used the DR05 for years and it worked just fine. If you feel like spending a bunch of money, I definitely prefer an m10, but the upgrade isn’t necessary

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2022, 03:44:08 AM »
Know folks hate when I beat the Oade drum, but a modded m10 sounds great out of Schoeps>bnb>m10 mic in. The mods add dynamic range etc. and sound great imo. Score an M10 on eBay or here and send it to Mr. Oade, assuming he can get the chips right now.

I did run a few shows into a stock M10 mic in, and was very underwhelmed. But modded, wow.
I can't imagine what could be done to improve M10 preamps.They sound excellent to me.
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2022, 05:12:28 PM »
Know folks hate when I beat the Oade drum, but a modded m10 sounds great out of Schoeps>bnb>m10 mic in. The mods add dynamic range etc. and sound great imo. Score an M10 on eBay or here and send it to Mr. Oade, assuming he can get the chips right now.

I did run a few shows into a stock M10 mic in, and was very underwhelmed. But modded, wow.
I can't imagine what could be done to improve M10 preamps.They sound excellent to me.
Some people like to spend money I guess  :shrug:

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2022, 06:35:26 PM »

Note that the Oade M10 modification removes the internal microphones.
I can't think of any other disadvantage, beside the expense and time without your deck.
If there's a battery life impact, it hardly matters, since the M10 is notoriously efficient on AA run time.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.165 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com