Gear / Technical Help > Photo / Video Recording

Syncing Audio to your 4K Video File's - Free Software Suggestions ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Papaphunk:
thanks guys, appreciate the input.

voltronic:

--- Quote from: DavidPuddy on May 09, 2022, 03:50:21 PM ---I use davinci resolve, which works pretty well but the free version is CPU intensive and slow.

--- End quote ---

It's only CPU-intensive if you don't have a good discrete video card and/or at least 16 GB RAM. I got a very good GPU (decidedly midrange) a couple years ago, and from then on, Resolve runs fast and smooth.

guitard:

--- Quote from: DavidPuddy on May 09, 2022, 03:50:21 PM ---I use davinci resolve, which works pretty well but the free version is CPU intensive and slow.

--- End quote ---

Using the program I mentioned earlier (XMedia Recode), I can mux a 50GB video with 1-2GB audio file in less than ten minutes.  This is using a PC I built in 2015, which at the time had some smoking hot specs.

The only catch to the fast muxing jobs is that I keep all the original files on the same drive to which I save the file.  And this is kind of a special drive (at least to me).  I don't even know what computer guys call it, but it's basically a step above an SSD.  Here is the drive (I purchased it on Amazon):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BN217QG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just a quick edit to add:  it probably seems like I gloss over a lot of things (settings) in the tutorial video I made for XMedia Recode.  But that's the beauty of XMedia Recode - if you choose to "copy" video and audio tracks when doing the muxing, it will mux the files with no re-encoding.

DavidPuddy:

--- Quote from: voltronic on May 11, 2022, 07:16:12 PM ---

--- End quote ---

It's only CPU-intensive if you don't have a good discrete video card and/or at least 16 GB RAM. I got a very good GPU (decidedly midrange) a couple years ago, and from then on, Resolve runs fast and smooth.

--- End quote ---

I'm running it on an imac with 8gb RAM, so that's probably the issue.

mountaintaper:
Rich I'd give you one of my Magix Vegas licenses, all you need to do is ask, I've offered before but you've never taken me up on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version